Hello and help!

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Milakel3

Hello and help!

Post by Milakel3 »

Hi folks.

Before I go headlong into the cutting issues, I thought it might serve me well to give you a bit of background.

I recently had quite a bad accident and find myself home alone, with one leg and a wheelchair, and due to medication extremely diminished cognitive ability compare to my prior two legged self!

I have for a while done some hand cutting with a blade,many someone suggested a cheap Chinese laser cutter could perform this easily for me.
(I only want to cut through paper/card, outlines and don't have any inclination to do fancy carvings)

I bought, after checking feedback and reviews, an A3 500mw cutter from eBay that came with the Benbox software.

After updating the firmware and a bit if jiggery the laser turns on and work and the software talks to the laser.
All good.

So I want to cut an outline, and I have played with the speed/time settings and had these right down to 50 each and I now get an outline, but it is burned into the paper rather than cutting.

Apologies, I know my terminology is not correct.

How can I cut paper, I am sure it is something to do with the laser alignment and the time/speed settings, but am unsure as the focusing wheel is wobbly/loose

Does any very patient individual have the time or inclination to go through settings with me so this thing works?

Thanks in advance.
Kelly X
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: Hello and help!

Post by LINUS »

you should try use slowly speed and Higher power.Such as 40mm/s and 70% power
To The Point Laser

Re: Hello and help!

Post by To The Point Laser »

I will try to help you but you will need to add more information about your laser, is it CO2 ? What is the size and power of the tube, what size lens are you using ? Paper should cut very nice and clean with no burn marks, from the little information you posted I would start with a basic answer of not a good size lens or bad focus. I suggest the largest dot size lens for paper should be 50.8mm for a nice cut.
If you are using a 80-100 watt laser you should be running at about 15% power and 50 speed.
For your information I am in the same health situation as you however I have 15 years experience with laser machines.