Metal marking

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Genuino

Metal marking

Post by Genuino »

I've seen metal marking with the CerMark spray on metals, but never seen how much power is needed, only one done with a 10W laser, would I be correct in thinking that if burn twice with 5.5w would i be able to do it? Or a 5.5w capable of doing it at all? Thank you.
Genuino

Re: Metal marking

Post by Genuino »

Thanks for the link! I understand that metal marking require the adequate equipment, not with my DIY 5500mw, which I believe is a diode type. The use of Thermark is what I'm looking for. My main concern is the wattage needed for Thermark to work, or does it matter at all? This question is because I do a fair amount of work on my CNC router for a small signage company and would like to extend my services, but right now don't have the budget for 40 or 60w CO2 machine with at least a 12 x 18 inches work area. If my laser works well with Thermark, will do that for a couple of months then worth the investment on a good machine, but would like an idea before I promote the marking capabilities of my little shop. Thank you one more time William, sorry but I'm totally new to the laser world.
Jason Go

Post by Jason Go »

Genuino wrote:Thanks for the link! I understand that metal marking require the adequate equipment, not with my DIY 5500mw, which I believe is a diode type. The use of Thermark is what I'm looking for. My main concern is the wattage needed for Thermark to work, or does it matter at all? This question is because I do a fair amount of work on my CNC router for a small signage company and would like to extend my services, but right now don't have the budget for 40 or 60w CO2 machine with at least a 12 x 18 inches work area. If my laser works well with Thermark, will do that for a couple of months then worth the investment on a good machine, but would like an idea before I promote the marking capabilities of my little shop. Thank you one more time William, sorry but I'm totally new to the laser world.
Hi Genuino,

Please inform us about the result if you tried that.

Thanks
LINUS
Webmaster

Post by LINUS »

Hi Genuino,
I used it making in metal for long time ago.Thermark spray require great energy,so I views as unworkable.But you can have a try.
Best Wishes
Because of major,be at ease so.