Epilog Laser M2 defective issues?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

IOTLOU

Epilog Laser M2 defective issues?

Post by IOTLOU »

We have a brand new Epilog M2 60watt laser engraver. The thing is only a week old. I came back into the shop after the weekend to find the glass on the hood completely shattered. Nothing had been resting on it, and the machine and all components were completely off. Temperature inside has been stable with no extreme changes. After calling the company they didn't bat an eye and are sending out a new hood (or just the glass, I'm not sure at the moment). But they're expecting us to install the replacement. What I want to know is if anyone has ever experienced the hood glass shattering or any other defective issues with Epilog machines? It's a complete mess - glass fragments are everywhere. I want to know if this will be an on-going issue with Epilog and their service?
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: Epilog Laser M2 defective issues?

Post by LINUS »

What happen?I have never met this problem.I think these machine were damaged in transit.Don't worry that is Something unexpected happened
Because of major,be at ease so.
IOTLOU

Re: Epilog Laser M2 defective issues?

Post by IOTLOU »

Apparently, according to the company, there is a known issue with the hood glass! Wish they'd mention that before selling it to us. We shipped back our machine today and we're waiting on the replacement and hoping the same thing doesn't happen again.