Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

KzX

Min and Max Power and speed

Post by KzX »

Hello im a new user Kalvis.
I got a Thunderlaser Nova51 dual laser with 60w and 100w tubes
I have a few questions

1.in parameters list i see suggested use power 60% when cutting and 12-15% engraving with speed 500mm/s ,so why not cut with 100 ,90 or 80power? its not safe or bad quality or what? and engraving with speed 600 or 700mm/s? And when i need just engraving text outlines i try 12power and 100mm/s speed but still it cuts too deep not engrave ,so basically my question is:
What is the Safe Maximum and Minimum power i can use?
What is the maximum safe scan mode speed?
What is the maximum safe speed for vector cut?
I just don't want experiment before i know its safe for machine don't want do any damage.

2.is there different good way to engrave vector lines without cutting?
3.what can be the reason why exhaust fan does not turn on automatically?
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: Min and Max Power and speed

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi Kalvis
Good day,this is yumiko from thunderlaser.
Nice to heard that you got the machine,now let us answer your below question.
1.why we suggested use power 60% when cutting and 12-15% engraving with speed 500mm/s ,as this parameter is the best for machine,if you need to cut more thicker material,sure can set the power 70%,80%,90%.Like a car,we drive it usually in 40-80km/h,
sure we can drive it in 120-140km/h when you need.
2.If you need just engraving text outline,please set the power lower and the speed faster,thanks.
3.Please noted all parameter are safe.
4.the maximum safe scan mode speed is 1000mm/s
5.the maximum safe speed for vector cut is 300mm/s
6.Set a lower power and faster speed to engrave vector lines on cut mode.
7.Why you need the exhaust fan does not turn on automatically?

best regards
yumiko
KzX

Post by KzX »

Thanks for answer ,
i understand i can do that just wanna know what means 'best for machine'? longer machine life, or better engraving and cutting quallity or both? there is always reason why you do what you do. :lol:
Because mathematically 1000mm/s is 2x faster so you can do the work 2xfaster if it makes no difference
and cutting with more power you can cut much faster ,so i guess best for machine means its more friendly settings or best quallity settings? :P
P.S.Before i get laser im working with cnc router ,and too much speed can cause loosing steps and cutting too slow with too many rpm cause burning and its bad for bits so im just curious now and i wanna know what im doing and what is better and why exactly :D

2.about exhaust fan - its just don't turn on when i start the job ,so for now im turn it on manually.
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi Kalvis
Thanks for your reply soon,yeah,I understand.
The power 60%-70% when cutting and 12-15% engraving with speed 500mm/s,please noted,thanks.
best for machine means its more friendly settings,if you cutting or engraving a high quality products,
you need to test a suitable parameter for your material,hope you understand,thanks.
about exhaust fan,it is ok for your using now?

best regards
yumiko
KzX

Post by KzX »

When i start the job exhaust won't turn on ,outputs have no power. Where i need to check for the problem?
Attachments
1489245489949-2040940598.jpg
1489245489949-2040940598.jpg (455.96 KiB) Viewed 5215 times
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Kalvis
This is Ben
Regarding the exhaust fans,the normal condition should like that,make sure turn on the laser switch.the power of the laser power supply,air pump and exhaust fans are control by the laser switch. then when you run a job,the exhaust fan will turn on and delay 15sec to stop after the job finish.
if it's not like that,find the TL-timer(see attachment),switch to manual,then the exhaust fan will turn on after you turn on the laser switch.
test it and tell me waht is going on?
KzX

Post by KzX »

Ben wrote:Hi Kalvis
This is Ben
Regarding the exhaust fans,the normal condition should like that,make sure turn on the laser switch.the power of the laser power supply,air pump and exhaust fans are control by the laser switch. then when you run a job,the exhaust fan will turn on and delay 15sec to stop after the job finish.
if it's not like that,find the TL-timer(see attachment),switch to manual,then the exhaust fan will turn on after you turn on the laser switch.
test it and tell me waht is going on?
Thanks Ben ,found the problem..
Cause i have dual laser 100w and 60w ,and i don't use them together ,i work with 60w so i turn on just 60w laser ,but the exhaust fans are control by 100w laser switch so i turn 100w switch on and it works..