neje dk-8-kz 1000mw Distorted pictures

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Haak

neje dk-8-kz 1000mw Distorted pictures

Post by Haak »

Hello folks.

I know its not state of the art but to start with the laser engraving hobby i bought myself a cheap neje dk-8-kz 1000mw. I got it like two days lol and until this evening i got amazing sharp pictures on wood or cardboard.
But then tonight without really changing anything i printed another example on grey cardboard and i noticed some horizontal distortion, the lines a few mm off to the right or the left. I then choose a fairly simple picture to test further and the picture will do the first 75% nicely but then the last 25% is set horizontally to far left about 5 mm or so. I tried it four times but it seems to do it every time at the same spot.

The bottom bed moves only towards you or away from you so i figure this can only be the horizontal axis the above one but i don't see a problem. Could it be that for some reason the laptop sends the image in a wrong way? Or has anybody any idea whats going wrong here?

Tomorrow i will test with another laptop at my work an will see if he problem occurs there as well. Just to see if it is the laptop or the engraver. I now it is cheap stuff so i know as well not to expect miracles but i want to learn so thats why i post it here. Thanks for your anwers and time.

Grtz Ronald.
jano152

Re: neje dk-8-kz 1000mw Distorted pictures

Post by jano152 »

I have exactly the same problem! I just bought the Neje engraver and when I engrave something the bottom quarter of the picture gets skewed. It's like it is randomly pushed to the side. Did you find a solution for this?
Danny212

Re: neje dk-8-kz 1000mw Distorted pictures

Post by Danny212 »

My vectors, DXf's and PLT's all get scrambled when I import them to EZCAD2. Anyone know a fix for this?