Power peaks on the begin and end of the pass

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

dogeroski

Power peaks on the begin and end of the pass

Post by dogeroski »

Hi,

I'm having problem with my Universal ULS25E laser engraver.
It seems that in the raster mode it has more power at the beginning of the pass, then it drops noticeably and then increases again by the end of the pass.

Please have a look at the attached photo to see what I mean. It's an raster engrave of a small (8x5mm rectangle). The material is transparent acrylic painted white and black.

Does anyone experienced something similar? What might be the cause?
The machine has replaced X-Axis motor for a different one. It has the same rotations per step, but it's bigger and more powerful. I doubt it's related however. If this would be an motor problem, the engraving would be distorted rather than having variations in power, right?

Cheers,
Bartek
Attachments
laser.jpg
laser.jpg (280.7 KiB) Viewed 2004 times
Achilles

Re: Power peaks on the begin and end of the pass

Post by Achilles »

looks like its not a degradation of laser tube, try to align the laser beam , see if it will work, if not knowing how to do it , contact me by sale@gurualser.com
Achilles
dogeroski

Re: Power peaks on the begin and end of the pass

Post by dogeroski »

Achilles wrote:looks like its not a degradation of laser tube, try to align the laser beam , see if it will work, if not knowing how to do it , contact me by sale@gurualser.com
Achilles
Thanks for your reply. I doubt it's laser beam alignment. I don't see any logical connection between the problem and the alignment.
Anyway, I check it regularly and I did check it yesterday and it's spot on.