Thunderlaser Nova 63 and big item

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

tumim

Thunderlaser Nova 63 and big item

Post by tumim »

I have a plywood item with 1200*1200 size , and I want to cut it using my Nova 63 with 1600*1000 work table.
So as you see, the width of work table smaller than the item, but I can put the item to the table without lateral panels with honey table.
Is there a procedure in order to cut it right ? Perhaps using laser red dot and dot scan of first point?
Should I сut the drawing in two pieces with this procedure?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by tumim on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
tumim

Re: Thunderlaser Nova 63 and big item

Post by tumim »

I am already cutting 1500*1500 items without front panels using broaching openings, but only for 1600*1000 work table.
May be there is a procedure for broaching of fabric roll that I can use for my case?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Tumim,

Yes,you can press "origin" to set the start point according to the red dot indicator,and press "Frame" to confirm the processing area,so you can cut it right.
cutting two pieces in a time cannot get a better result,there will be much burnt between two pieces and easy to cause the misalignment of cutting result to the bottom one.
You can cut the big item as long as its width is under 1600 mm,and using pass-through door design can cut very longer material.
http://www.thunderlaser.com/how-to-use- ... esign.html
For the broaching of fabirc roll,do you mean the automatic feeding equipment,the machine have not equipped with this function.
tumim

Post by tumim »

Its a rectangle item 1200*1200. I have split it to two 1200*600. But how to align them right after movement of the whole part?

For example, I have cut the first 1200*600 piece. Then I put a horizontal ruler to the cut-out side of the first piece in order to not broke the first cut point aligment. After that I need to move the whole part some how in order to match the vertical ruler and match the first point of cut, and there is an issue, because for now I cant understand on how to do that without 1mm mismatch.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Tumim,

I'm not sure what you want,it would be better to show me some pictures,thanks.
tumim

Post by tumim »

Ok, let it be simple case.
I have a rectangle item with 1200*1200mm size and Autocad drawing for cutting that item.
The task is to cut the item right, without gaps.
For the first I have separate this item to two pieces and cut first piece.
For the second, I move the whole item and cut the second piece of the item.
The question is - how to make best align in that case in order best match after moving the whole item, the first and the last cutting points between two cutting pieces.
Picture of pieces included.
Attachments
2 Pieces
2 Pieces
2 piecesjpg_Page1.jpg (4.56 KiB) Viewed 4301 times