First post and new to laser engraving in need of help

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

jansen117

First post and new to laser engraving in need of help

Post by jansen117 »

Hey everyone. Like the title says, I am new to the community and pretty new to laser engraving. I need some help after throwing a few hundred dollars at my machine with some issues I have started having. Thanks in advance and bear with me as I am new to this stuff.

Machine and background.
So about a year ago I was given a used 3yr old Morn mt350d laser engraver as a wedding present which seems to be just a basic 40w machine.
It has a Ruida RDLC320-A controller and X/Y/Z axis. Me and my wife have been messing with the machine the past year and have done a few small jobs for people.

Problems.
After a while our tube finally gave out and I replaced the tube and power supply. The replacement went fine and it worked well for a little bit until one day the power from the main line jumped out and arced off the machine several time and that's when I started having problems with the controller and the X and Y axis.
The problem I started having was anytime I hit the left or right arrow to move the X axis it will only move to the left, even if I hit the right arrow it will move to the left.
Also, if I hit reset on my controller instead of going to home it would just go all the way to the left and not stop like it is trying to run off the rails until I kill the power, and I completely lost Y axis.
So last week I ordered a new controller (same model as listed above) thinking that was the issue. I installed it today and it did not fix anything. I am still having the same issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this and incorrect terminology.

Any thoughts on the issue being the micro stepper? It has a leadshine m860 micro stepper.