ud5 files export and cut inverted

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

jaded724

ud5 files export and cut inverted

Post by jaded724 »

I've searched but can't find anyone mentioning my problem.

I want to engrave a hummingbird with some text on a wine glass using a rotary axis (problem happens on a flat test too)

1. Chinese 100w laser with TL-3120 controller
2. image adjusted, text added and exported as BMP in illustrator
3. Imported BMP into LaserCAD 7.96.9 (no problems)
4. file saved as image (pwj5) and Ufile (ud5) files
5. Ufile downloaded to machine and cut started. I ran several tests on a wine bottle all came out inverted (see picture).

tests came out upside down and backwards. At first I thought this was a problem with the rotary. Maybe I have it upside down or backwards. So i tried more tests with the rotary in different positions. When I have the rotary installed upside down and backwwards I get a proper cut, so I think hey, maybe I don't understand the rotary and move on to the next test. A series of box sides I drew in AutoCAD. Again, upside down and backwards.

This morning I tried importing the BMP, DXF and pwd5 files into LaserCAD without any problems. Then I imported the Ufile and sure enough, it's inverted. So LaserCAD is exporting the cut file as an inverted image. On the controller screen it's perfect but the actual cut is inverted.

Another twist... The original test files that came preloaded on the machine worked fine. My first tests with my old laptop worked fine. New laptop, new install of the same version of software INVERTED!!!!!
Attachments
20180218_102416.jpg
20180218_102416.jpg (220.38 KiB) Viewed 22101 times
20180218_102410.jpg
20180218_102410.jpg (307.33 KiB) Viewed 22101 times
jaded724

Re: ud5 files export and cut inverted

Post by jaded724 »

a couple of screen shots I thought might be relevant... as you can see the ufile is clearly inverted in the file. I see the manufacturer settings are set to negative on various x and y axis but I do not think this is the problem. I also see there is one positive setting that is kind of random. Maybe an issue?
Attachments
the image is backward
the image is backward
Capture2.PNG (78.08 KiB) Viewed 22092 times
settings snip
settings snip
Capture.PNG (40.57 KiB) Viewed 22092 times
jaded724

Post by jaded724 »

about 200 views and no replies telling me that I'm missing something simple... Maybe this isn't the common newb mistake I was hoping it is.

Thinking this has to be a software issue I've uninstalled, reinstalled and changed versions from v7.96.6 to 7.96.12. I've also looked at a myriad of settings, most of which I don't understand. I simply don't see a reason for this to be exporting as an inverted image but it effectively stops my ability to go any further.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Am I missing something?????
Am I missing something?????
Capture3.PNG (18.27 KiB) Viewed 21897 times
coupefreak

Post by coupefreak »

you got your starting position on the wrong site it has to be on the topleft corner (the blue dot) it is now on the top right
go to option/position relative and put it on top left and in option/system settings check that in workspace machine zero is on right up and page zero is on right down. fucked it up also with my machine and after a week of trying find out that this is the way it will put the image the way it has to be