Laser won't fire when controller is connected to controller?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

SimonFriend

Laser won't fire when controller is connected to controller?

Post by SimonFriend »

Hi,

I recently had to replace the tube on my Bodor Mini after the sudden freezing weather in the UK a while ago froze the water. The new tube would not fire, and I was recommended to install a new PSU, which I did. The laser would still not fire, even using the PSU manual fire, until I tried removing the connector to the controller from the PSU. Once done it will fire using the manual button.

The chiller seems to be functioning correctly, it is pumping water around the tube but there could be a problem with the flow switch (water in the chiller also froze solid) or the cable from the laser to the chiller, but I am having problems locking down the problem as I haven't found a way of successfully disabling the water protection. I tried using Vendor settings from RDWorks, but after using the read function to import settings, the water protect is unchecked and doesn't seem to change anything if you check it and write, then repeat the process and uncheck again. Diagnosis screen always shows this

Does anyone know if there is another way of disabling water protect? Controller is a RDLC320.

Video of the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGT6xMI ... e=youtu.be

Does anyone know if there is another way of disabling water protect? Controller is a RDLC320.

Thanks

Simon
laserbell

Re: Laser won't fire when controller is connected to controller?

Post by laserbell »

Typically, the water chiller circuit switch is defeated by jumpering the CO2 laser power supply. In other words, the water flow or chiller safety switch closes a circuit at the laser power supply itself. Some power supplies differ, but you can google search the laser power supply wiring diagram and where the water chiller is connected then jumper. That is what I do, so not bothered by chiller switch.