Laser cutter purchase decision

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

iitraxx

Laser cutter purchase decision

Post by iitraxx »

Hi All,
I'm new to the laser cutting/engraving world and lost in all the information that is out there.

Let me get straight to the point. I volunteer at my local dog shelter and for fundraising I have the idea to make custom leather collars (name of the dog, patterns, home address...). Therefore I'm looking for a machine that can cut and engrave leather. A nice bonus would be if it can engrave metal for dog tags etc. I live in the EU so a seller within the region would be nice as I won't face possible extra charges.

I've come across this machine and was wondering if it could serve my intended purposes. https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/40W-USB-CO ... Swt5hYfGNW
If not, what would be good alternatives?

Kind regards, Bob
perfectlaserChina

Re: Laser cutter purchase decision

Post by perfectlaserChina »

In recent years, with the rapid development of industrial science and technology, and the development and promotion of laser engraving machines in application technology, the production and sales of laser marking and engraving equipment have shown a good upward trend. There are various kinds of laser equipment available on the market, which can be summed up in the following products: laser welding, laser marking, sub-surface laser engraving, laser cutting, laser demonstration, laser drilling, laser plate making machine, laser medical treatment, laser cosmetic, laser heat treatment, laser printing and so on. They are the crystallization products of laser technology and software control technology, and bring vitality to modern industrial civilization. Therefore, in recent years, companies engaged in the development, manufacture, and sales of laser equipment and companies that represent foreign laser equipment have rapidly increased. Competition has also become increasingly fierce. So in this mixed laser engraving machine field, how to properly choose their own laser engraving machine is particularly important.

First, Laser engraving accuracy. High-precision laser engraving machines naturally attract people's attention. Therefore, the difference between laser engraving and traditional engraving equipment or manual engraving is high accuracy. Therefore, when selecting, we must pay more attention to the engraving accuracy. The higher the engraving accuracy, the better the engraving effect and the more satisfied the product and the customer.
Second,know the size of the product you want to process. Choose the right laser engraving machine according to the actual size of the product you want to engrave, which is the choice of the working area of the laser engraving machine. For example, if the size of the product you want to engrave is 130cm*90cm, then you can choose the model with the engraving area 130cm*90cm.It's worth noting that the large-format engraving area does not mean that the machine is better. Because the price is very expensive, and some machines with poor quality have unstable laser output averages at various points on the large-format processing table, resulting in different depths of engraving products on the same table. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the proper engraving area machine.

Third: To know which industry you are doing. In the market, the engraving machines can be divided into two major categories: one is engraving non-metal material, the other is engraving metal material. The non-metal engraving machine use carbon dioxide laser tube, and metal engraving machine use YAG laser. Moreover, in addition to these two categories, there are many different types of engraving machines, such as laser welding machines, laser marking machines, laser engraving machines, laser demonstrators, laser drilling machines, and so on. Therefore, it is necessary to correctly choose the laser engraving machine according to the industry that they have done and the specific content carved in their own industry.

Fourth: laser tube power. As the name suggests, a laser engraving machine is closely related to laser tube, so the power of the laser tube largely determines the engraving effect. But, it doesn’t mean that the higher the power, the better the engraving effect. On the contrary, if some materials use a high power laser tube, it will have a bad effect. Therefore, you should to choose the right power laser tube according to the material, for example,in order to get twice the result with half the effort,acrylic and two-color plate engraving does not require high power laser tube, but wood and stone carving and cutting require high power laser tube.

Fifth, credibility and good after-sales. This depends on the customer's understanding of the market and industry. After-sales service has a direct impact on the production efficiency. If the machine has a fault that cannot be solved, it can't work, which directly leads to production stop. Therefore, after-sales service is very important. Thus, when customers choose laser engraving machine products, they must actively understand and analyze the market, figure out which manufacturers produce better quality machines, and the credibility is guaranteed. Only when you have mastered these things, you can choose the best machine.

At present,Perfect Laser is a world famous manufacturer of industrial laser equipment. Since 1995, Perfect Laser focused on the development and production of various types of laser machinery and CNC equipments.Our products include laser engraving machine, laser cutting machine, fiber laser marking machine, fiber laser cutting machine, die board laser cutting machine, 3D laser engraving machine, CNC router, plasma cutter, dot peen marking machine, inkjet printer, CNC channel letter bender, laser welding machine and so on.
www.perfectlaser.net
Perfect Laser (Wuhan) Co., Ltd.
Tel: +86-27-8679 1986 /+86-27-8679 3992
Fax: +86-27-8678 3982
Mob/Whatapp:0086-13971470845
Sales Dept:info@perfectlaser.net
Service Dept:support@perfectlaser.net
perfectlaserChina

Re: Laser cutter purchase decision

Post by perfectlaserChina »

iitraxx wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:23 pm Hi All,
I'm new to the laser cutting/engraving world and lost in all the information that is out there.

Let me get straight to the point. I volunteer at my local dog shelter and for fundraising I have the idea to make custom leather collars (name of the dog, patterns, home address...). Therefore I'm looking for a machine that can cut and engrave leather. A nice bonus would be if it can engrave metal for dog tags etc. I live in the EU so a seller within the region would be nice as I won't face possible extra charges.

I've come across this machine and was wondering if it could serve my intended purposes. https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/40W-USB-CO ... Swt5hYfGNW
If not, what would be good alternatives?

Kind regards, Bob
Hello,
I learned that your demand is to engrave and cut the leather for dot collars customization, and I see the link you put in is a small co2 stamping machine. In general, the co2 laser stamping machine can engrave the leather, but the power is lower, so may be the efficiency is not so high. If you want, you can contact with our professional sales manager, and we will recommend you the most suitable model according your demand. And our contact information all in my signature. Thank you.
www.perfectlaser.net
Perfect Laser (Wuhan) Co., Ltd.
Tel: +86-27-8679 1986 /+86-27-8679 3992
Fax: +86-27-8678 3982
Mob/Whatapp:0086-13971470845
Sales Dept:info@perfectlaser.net
Service Dept:support@perfectlaser.net