Which machine is ideal for my project?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Ochretis

Which machine is ideal for my project?

Post by Ochretis »

Good morning everyone,
I'll just get straight to it, I'm trying to make engraved wooden tokens for me and my friends and possible for geocaching. I attached a sample design. These are tokens that I want to make for us when we beat a game etc.
I was doing research on laser engraving and some mention being able to have a "3D effect" but I wasn't sure what that meant entirely. I would love to be able to etch in depth rather than just a flat 2d image if possible, but because this is a simple project I don't want to go crazy. After researching I found that because what I want to create is small some of these cheaper machine like the Qiilu 1500mw Laser Engraver Printer Laser or Meterk Laser Engraver Printer 1500mW seem to be ideal because the low cost and still good quality from what I read.
However they say they can do the "3D effect" but I wanted to know if that meant depth etching or not? I also thought the Snapmaker 3 in 1 would be interesting but I was afraid because its sort of a jack of all trades it wouldn't give me what I want exactly. Any advice or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Attachments
Bamboo Chrono Coin.jpg
Bamboo Chrono Coin.jpg (166.88 KiB) Viewed 814 times
Cherry Stylecnc

Re: Which machine is ideal for my project?

Post by Cherry Stylecnc »

Dear,

For 3D effect on wood, why don't you choose a CNC router machine? it can do 3D work on wood and with fast speed.

https://www.stylecnc.com/advertising-cn ... G6090.html adopts ball screw transmission, it's high precision for 3D works.