Which Laser Machine to buy?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

socalchris13

Which Laser Machine to buy?

Post by socalchris13 »

Hello all!

I am new to the laser community!

I am looking to purchase my first laser machine, and have looked into many brands, including Boss, Full Spectrum, Epilog, Universal, and a few others.

As my budget is around $5000 - $8000, does anyone have any recommendations for a laser machine brand and why? Further, this laser will be in my garage.

The specs on the machine, from what I've been looking at online but obviously I'm new and don't know much, is a CO2 laser, around 50w. Looking to etch glassware and small wooden plaques.

Thank you! Hope to hear everyone's opinion!

Respectfully,
Chris
Last edited by socalchris13 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
leopoldwei

Re: Which Laser Machine to buy?

Post by leopoldwei »

Hi Chris,
I really like to help you. However, I need to know some more detail.

1. Function:
Do you want to marking? engraving? or cutting?
2. Material:
Do you want to use on metal? wood? plastic?.... etc?
3. What power you are looking for?
20W? 30W? 50W? 100W? 150W? 1000W?
4. Operation software?
Do you want to use PC for the operation? or you don't need the PC?

Please kindly understanding, there are different kinds of laser machine (eg. CO2, Fiber, UV, YAG....). So, would you please provide more information by return?

www.central-laser.com
socalchris13

Post by socalchris13 »

I updated my original post based on your comment.

But my overall answer would be a CO2 laser, around 50w. Please understand that I do not know much at all, but from what I have been looking for online, those would suit me best for my needs.

I plan to start a small business in which I would etch glassware and small wooden plaques.

- Chris
socalchris13

Post by socalchris13 »

leopoldwei wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:32 am Hi Chris,
I really like to help you. However, I need to know some more detail.

1. Function:
Do you want to marking? engraving? or cutting?
2. Material:
Do you want to use on metal? wood? plastic?.... etc?
3. What power you are looking for?
20W? 30W? 50W? 100W? 150W? 1000W?
4. Operation software?
Do you want to use PC for the operation? or you don't need the PC?

Please kindly understanding, there are different kinds of laser machine (eg. CO2, Fiber, UV, YAG....). So, would you please provide more information by return?

www.central-laser.com
I updated my original post based on your comment.

But my overall answer would be a CO2 laser, around 50w. Please understand that I do not know much at all, but from what I have been looking for online, those would suit me best for my needs.

I plan to start a small business in which I would etch glassware and small wooden plaques.

- Chris
leopoldwei

Post by leopoldwei »

Hi Chris,
For your case, I think the 30W/50W CO2 machine will be the best choice.

Reasons:
1. You just start your small business, it also means you don't need to engrave things in very short time. So, you don't really need 50W high power laser machine. In my part of the view, you could think about the 30W, it's might be cheaper a little bit.
2. The CO2 machine is very good for wood engraving. However, the CO2 machine is not so good on glassware, especial glass pipe. If you want to engrave on the glass cup, glass pipe or any think glass material, you need to reduce the power. Because of the working principle of the CO2 laser is Hi-Temperature heat. If you use too much heat on the glass, the heat might make the glass broken.

You could e-mail me: market@central-laser.com
No worry, I won't ask you to buy our machine, but I think we will discuss more detail (maybe the price). If I show the price on this forum, my post might be deleted by admin. Thank you for your understanding.
MONIALi

Post by MONIALi »

The laser machine of China Perfect Laser works well. You could have effective services and after-sales is also very considerate and passionate, and the machine in all is of good quality,you could get more information if interested https://www.perfectlaser.net/