INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

cybermario

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by cybermario »

hi there

my name is mario

i want to start in the scene of laser engraving. interesting in pet plate, usb memory engraving.

thanks! :D
LaserJeff

Post by LaserJeff »

Hello, my name is Jeff. I've been using an Epilog Helix 60 watt laser for about 2 years now. My background is in illustration and graphic design.

Most of my work on the laser has been making edge lights for the company I work for but I do a TON of personal experiments and having fun on the laser.

I guess I'd like to get feedback and ideas on this board as well as help anyone out if I can.

Nice to meet everyone!
STARR X

Post by STARR X »

Hey. Our business laser marks metal and engraves wood with an Epilog 50 watt CO2 laser as well as engraves powder coated metal with an Epilog 50 watt Fiber laser. Been doing this for several years. We really want to engrave or emboss metal (cast iron or stainless steel) with a deep cut (1 to 2 mm) but have found our fiber is not powerful enough. Is there a solution out there for this idea? Thanks, David Brim Brown Mfg. Company
Mawwan

Post by Mawwan »

My name is Brown, born January 1, 1988. Now I'm 30 years old. I'm glad to be a member of this web site.
Rich1057

Post by Rich1057 »

Just like to say thanks for letting me join. I am a total newbie, in fact I haven’t even had my laser delivered yet. Arrival this Wednesday. I do already own a shopbot and have run a commercial CNC a my job at a cabinet shop for 17 years. Looking forward to this new arena.
Thanks again Rich
Unk

Post by Unk »

Hi, I am on day 1 having built my cnc blue light laser.. I installed benbox and initially it worked, but very very slowly, so I am bnow going through trial and error with some different software packages, in the hope of findong one that will speed things up, but also avoid the laser constantly burning, as has happenned with benBox.. and Lasergbl simply wouldn't connect to the device. I'm computer savvy, but this is a new adventure for me, just looking to burn some wood to show where to cut, apply a little logo, burn some photos on some home made stuff, etc.

if anyone has found good software that is at least free to try, do let me know.. plus any getting started gotchas I need to avoid!.
avrilev

Post by avrilev »

Hello,

I'm a dentist, Working 50% of my time with clear aligners.
I own a MoonRay 3D printer, and now planning on buying a laser engraver machine.

I'm all for innovation and think that clear aligners are the future in the field of Orthodontics.

Thank you for having me on your group.
Do you have a facebook as well?

Best,
Dr. Avri
pdamo

Post by pdamo »

Hi All
Thanks for letting me join the forum.I am a complete. Voice at this and I am going to need a lot of help .So be gentle .
I am using a 40 w printer until I decide if this the right one for me
dancom

Post by dancom »

Hi All,

Dan here. I am knifemaker up in Canada. I've been crafting mostly kitchen knives as hobby/side hustle since 2013. I have an engineering background and I also like to make my own tools when I get the opportunity. I've published free plans for making knife grinders, heat treatment oven and so on. My blog has all that. http://dcknives.com.

My interest in lasers has been primarily for marking knife blades and occasionally wood and leather. For Christmas Santa got me a CNC 3018 router laser kit with a 5500 mW laser. I have had some success marking stainless steel with dry moly lube. I know a bit about Arduinos and programming so the aim is to mod the 3018 and run some better software with it.

Wishing everyone the best,

Dan
Maker of things. Mostly dust, occasionally a diamond in the rough. Knifemaker, musician, electronics engineering. Check out my blog at http://dcknives.com
Philippe

PRESENTATION

Post by Philippe »

Bonjour à tous.
Je suis modéliste ferroviaire Francais, et je crée mes bâtiments.
Je maîtrise bien Autocad, et mes dessins sont fait avec ce logiciel.
Je fait faire mes découpes et gravures, par un professionnel, ce qui me coûte cher.
J'ai acquis une machine Chinoise d'occasion de découpe et gravure, récemment.
Je vais certainement avoir besoin de vos conseils pour m'aider dans mes fabrications.
Merci de m'avoir lu.
Philippe.