Newbie questions

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

LaserChop

Newbie questions

Post by LaserChop »

Hello Everyone,

I have acquired a bottom of the food chain 40w C02 Chinese laser engraver to begin exploring my interest in the art or laser engraving. I have so far learned a small ammount about using the LaserDRW 3 software and although it is capable of getting the job done for basic applications there are things im not sure if I can expand onto with such a basic set up.

I am very new to this all and I am hoping to learn all about it but I can not seem to find any answers to my questions at least not with my basic knowledge on the matter.
some of the things im hoping to do is engrave greyscale photos and this was my main motivation for the purchase and although I was assured it can do this I cant figure it out and have found conflicting information on the matter.

So I suppose that covers my first question in short can I engrave greyscale, with a different program or an addon or perhaps in the vanilla laserDRW 3 program?.

apologies if this question has been covered many times before, I did have a search in this forum but I have never navigated a forum with much success before. And I hope you folks with beautiful machines don't get annoyed by us with the Chinese N00b kits

I wont ask all my questions in one post but rather keep it one at a time as im not sure of the post practises just yet.

Im looking forward to getting to know whats what from you experts and I hope to graduate to better machines as time goes on

Kind regards

Luke/LaserChop
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: Newbie questions

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

phpBB [media]
Like this?