Mars130 / RDWorks - How to set an origin?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

snax

Mars130 / RDWorks - How to set an origin?

Post by snax »

Hi all,

I have a Mars 130, which I run via RDWorks software. One of the many wonky things about this setup is registration. Whenever you import your vectors into RDworks, it ignores the coordinates from your file and assumes the top-left-most part of the artwork is at 0,0. If you drew your vectors in Rhino and the most top-left object is supposed to be exactly two feet from the origin ... well, that's out the window. Your vectors are right up on 0,0 now.

Or supposing you want to engrave a bunch of name plaques. My first step would be to cut a jig out of cardboard, which would have a hole to put the plaque into. This way, the text is always registered to the same place on ever plaque. Well this sort of registration -- where you're registering multiple files with shared coordinates -- is out the window. You can hack it (eg, by adding extra vectors to all your files), but it's annoying and complicated.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Is there a way to make RDWorks respect the coordinates or origin of files when importing?
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: Mars130 / RDWorks - How to set an origin?

Post by LINUS »

You set Absolute coordinate origin.
Because of major,be at ease so.
snax

Re: Mars130 / RDWorks - How to set an origin?

Post by snax »

This is great, thanks so much for your help.

for anyone reading this in the future, I see that some versions of RDWorks has this in the Config > System Setting Menu, where it's just a checkbox. Mine (Thunderlaser RDWorks 8) has it right in the main UI in the Laser Work section. There it offers a variety positional reference options.