A Laser Engraver for My Dad. Need Advice!

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Jessica77777

A Laser Engraver for My Dad. Need Advice!

Post by Jessica77777 »

I have been looking for a really cool Christmas gift for my dad. He opened a workshop for 15 years and I figure a cool laser engraver would be a great gift! I found a laser engraver named HyperLaser has recently launched on Kickstarter...it looks really cool, but I don't know much about these tech staff. Hope you guys can take a look and give me some advice! Thanks
The link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hy ... r-engraver
:D
Steven61171

Re: A Laser Engraver for My Dad. Need Advice!

Post by Steven61171 »

Hi there
There is a few portable laser on the market at the moment there is a lot already on gearbest and banggood it all depends on what your dad would use it for the only reason I ask is that you would be able to anything bigger than a5 area with these type machine if you would need to got bigger and only want to engrave there are a lot of options out there. If you require it to cut anything thick than 3mm you would need a c02 laser like a k40 design but these machines do require a bit of tinkering and upgrades to get them perfect so maybe not okay for a beginner.
I have an ortur master 2 great starter kit can be used straight out of the box once you have put the frame together takes 15mins
Hope this helps
Steve
Jessica77777

Re: A Laser Engraver for My Dad. Need Advice!

Post by Jessica77777 »

Hi Steven. Thank you for your advice. I decided to pledge this laser engraver after i compared it with other brands. And their campaign is about to end soon so i thought why not give it a try.