Diode Laser Use?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

roberthleeii

Diode Laser Use?

Post by roberthleeii »

I am a complete newbie when it comes to lasers. I do a lot of woodworking projects and want to start learning to incorporate a laser engraving in them. My current plan is to get an Ortur Master 2 and learn the basics of that. What I am curious about is the differences between the CO2 lasers and the cheaper diode lasers. I would love to be able to drop the $thousands$ on a Co2 laser but that is not going to happen, I can barely justify a cheaper diode laser.

What I am curious about is if I can do something like the guy does in this video: https://youtu.be/2Jg1nApyyQA with a diode laser? He can burn the top layer of stained wood off revealing the natural wood underneath and it is not very dark. Most of the engraving I see online leaves a darker burn when it cuts in the wood. Is this something only a CO2 laser can do or is it possible with a diode? If I can do work like this with a diode laser, I can justify buying it a lot easier.
hangrex5

Re: Diode Laser Use?

Post by hangrex5 »

High-precision imprints of amazing clarity created by HeatSign solutions transform and breathe life into any wooden material or product. They can efficiently high speed engraving all types of information such as bar codes, 2D codes, logos, graphics etc on all types of the material.