CO2 Lens preferences

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

TyronesKl

CO2 Lens preferences

Post by TyronesKl »

There are a lot of choices these days with Lens Manufactures. anyone have any particular Preferences?
I was looking at the Black Magic Lens by Ophir online, anyone ever used these or any other Brand name Lens?
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: CO2 Lens preferences

Post by LINUS »

Hi,

The lens choice depends on several factors, what is the wattage you cut with, what type of material, thickness and also the environment. You wouldn't think all of that makes a difference with the lens however, to get the best cut and the longest lens life, consider these factors.

The Black Magic is a great lens for cutting galvanized, stainless and aluminum. It has a low absortion coating, lasts longer than normal lenses, are easier to keep clean. Only downside is it can not be used with a Piercing Sensor/ HeNe Beam. Mate Precision Tooling sells them.

Good luck.
Because of major,be at ease so.
Martinduh

CO2 Lens preferences

Post by Martinduh »

Well the hene is nice to have, but we just started cutting copper with our amada FO3015 4000w system and I am thinking maybe for those jobs we should use a higher quality low absorption lens. So far so good, but I know with aluminum one misstep and your optics are toast. Copper is probably twice as reflective.