Laser engraving wood

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Edwardbum

Laser engraving wood

Post by Edwardbum »

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone knew if it is better to laser engrave wood before or after polyurethane top coat. I have done it before lasering, but if I travel to trade shows I wouldnt be able to. So I thought if I could clear coat everything and have them ready, when someone orders one, I could laser it and it would be ready to go. I tried one earlier with two top coats, but it gave a yellowish look to it, and the image didnt appear at angles. You had to look straight on at it to make it out. I thought maybe my power or speed settings were off, but before trying another one, I thought I would ask all the talented ones here to see if they know any inside tips. I appreciate any advice. Thanks!!
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: Laser engraving wood

Post by LINUS »

Did you ever get any advice regarding polyurethane top coating before lasering? I am curious about this too?
Because of major,be at ease so.
MPjohn_10

Post by MPjohn_10 »

I have Monport 80W CO2 Laser Engraving Machine , I designs on wood, personalizing metal items with names and dates, and etching delicate patterns on glass. The process is smooth and efficient, and the results exceed my expectations. Plus, the ability to work with a wide range of materials gives me the flexibility to explore different projects and experiment with various techniques. Overall, the experience of using Monport 80 W has been truly rewarding, opening up new avenues for creativity and craftsmanship. I bought it last month here and it's truly amazing! https://bit.ly/3JiuCsK https://1drv.ms/i/s!AiMouF7vWnl6gm2mpoE ... o?e=PeKW9y
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

Edwardbum wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:44 am Hello, I wanted to know if anyone knew if it is better to laser engrave wood before or after polyurethane top coat. I have done it before lasering, but if I travel to trade shows I wouldnt be able to. So I thought if I could clear coat everything and have them ready, when someone orders one, I could laser it and it would be ready to go. I tried one earlier with two top coats, but it gave a yellowish look to it, and the image didnt appear at angles. You had to look straight on at it to make it out. I thought maybe my power or speed settings were off, but before trying another one, I thought I would ask all the talented ones here to see if they know any inside tips. I appreciate any advice. Thanks!!
For the finest laser engraving experience, consider Monport laser, where precision meets innovation. Our cutting-edge technology ensures crystal-clear engravings on a variety of materials, including wood. As a proud member of the Monport laser team, I assures you of unparalleled quality and performance. Discover the difference with Monport laser today! For more information or to explore our products, don't hesitate to check out my affiliate link at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3). Elevate your engraving game with Monport laser.