Lines forming on the edges of my engraving!

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

mayralh1

Lines forming on the edges of my engraving!

Post by mayralh1 »

Need a diagnosis asap,

I am using a LS900 CO2 80W laser engraver from Gravograph for all my jobs. I have currently run into a snag where lines will form 1/8in from the engraving.
I ran a tickle test to see if I need to lower the amount of pulses. 3 looked fine so I chose it. Still got the same problem. I dropped it down to a 2 and then 1,
but it never fixed the issue. Here are the pics so you can see what I am talking about.

thanks in advance.
Zachery Saltarelli

Re: Lines forming on the edges of my engraving!

Post by Zachery Saltarelli »

Hi mayralh
I have a suspect with for this issue, it is a new laser machine with beginning? or it has not been happened this issue until now?
If it before everything is ok, but it will just now run inot a snag
And there is one of parts has some problem.
Usually this issue is caused by the speed to fast when the laser does engraved, but the x linear guide performance unable to provide how fast the speed for the engraving jobs, but if before the engraving jobs has not this issues, that is say it don't matter with the x axis linear guide.
1. How much do you set the speed engraving(scanning)? It is still the same when you reduce the speed to lower?
2. Do you have check the X axis belt is loose? Might be it because working time is long, so have some loose.
If so, please try to re-set the engrave mode from x two way beam to x one-way beam. it means the laser head will coming out the laser beam from left side to right side. but right side moving to left side will not fire.
If you change it later and fixed this issue, that is say the x axis belt is loose.
3. I would like to know if the software has a function with the "engrave reserve offset", this function might be would solve this issue if the x axis belt is ok.
4. when you use 1 sample speed or pulse to do it, the result has not improve a little bit?