Need Help / Communication Unsuccessful

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

ianvp18

Need Help / Communication Unsuccessful

Post by ianvp18 »

Hello Everyone,

I've recently purchased a new engraving machine and have run into an issue because of switching PC's.

I have a cutting / engraving machine with an AWC608C (System Version 1.13.12.10) controller and LaserCAD V6.91. I installed the software and driver on my old PC with Windows XP (SP3 / 32 bit) and everything seemed to work fine.

Recently I bought a new computer with Windows 7 (64bit) and tried to get the machine to communicate with my new PC. Unfortunately, all that LaserCAD will tell me is "communication unsuccessful" when I try to get the program to talk via USB mode. I have tried restarting both my PC and the machine multiple times; running LaserCAD in compatibility mode; running a virtual machine of Windows XP (SP3 / 32 bit) and installing the program and driver there. None of these have worked. I am under the impression that I have an old system version for my AWC608C, but have no idea where to find the new one. I also have no idea if the driver that came with my software is out of date, or is even compatible with a 64 bit operating system, or where to find a new one.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, please let me know if you have any ideas or have seen this before.

-Rahken