Weird Corel Draw lockups with Moshi Plugin

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Matthewbeli

Weird Corel Draw lockups with Moshi Plugin

Post by Matthewbeli »

Against all recommendations, I went out and bought a K40. Now, to justify myself, I went in to the purchase with the full knowledge that I'd have to tear the thing down to the bare metal and rebuild it, and install a DSP. I went with a K40 since its size makes it small enough to be very easily portable.

To my surprise, upon receiving it, it came in good nick, the Moshi software install went very well, and everything seemed to be in good alignment out of the box. The Moshi software itself is painfully rough, but the CorelDraw 12 plugin has worked astonishingly well, so far. I put off my DSP upgrade for the time being, and have been banging away with Moshi.

I ran into a problem last night though that just baffles me. So far, I've either been engraving, cutting simple shapes (squares, circles, etc.) or cutting outlines vectored using Corel Trace, all of which work really well. Last night I went to design a more complex outline, a slot with rounded ends for a typical badge clip. Upon sending this to the laser using the "Engrave with HPGL Option" button like I usually do for vectored shapes, CorelDraw just froze, and I had to end task on both it and the moshi plugin.

I went and did some testing on this, and it seems that shapes traced with Corel Trace work fine, as do individual squares, circles, etc. The moment you join a square and a circle with the "weld" button, or any other button that creates a more "complex" shape, sending it to the laser causes Moshi and Corel Draw to lock up.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Corel Draw 12, and Moshi 9.96 I believe.

I'm not presently at home, but will post some screenshots of steps to replicate and confirm software versions when I arrive.

Thanks!
http://nasilownietabletki.pl/