red sail laser x700

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

orats60

red sail laser x700

Post by orats60 »

I have recieved a red sail laser machine from china model X700. I'm having trouble with the lasermate 5.2 software. I followed the user manual, but seems limited for my needs. The manual more focuses on pictures on composites or marble. I need a laser for etching lettering on metal chuck bodies. For example, arching the text, single line instead of outline, and thicker text. Is this 60w co2 laser strong enough for my type of work? I have the laser at max power and speed at .250mm/s and only engraves .002 deep. Has anyone had any experience with this machine and is it capable metal work?
kale-skrale

Re: red sail laser x700

Post by kale-skrale »

Hello,

I have also trouble with my X700 laser. All my text is mirrored and i can't get it normal. Is there anybody who can help me?

Greatz.
Ben

Re: red sail laser x700

Post by Ben »

Hi Orats

Until recently, marking stainless steel with a low powered CO2 laser was very difficult to do.
The problem is that most of the CO2 energy is reflected from the metal surface and only a small amount is absorbed, providing a very faint or non-existent mark.
However,CO2 laser systems are compatible with painted metals and anodized aluminum because of the high contrast, fast engraving speeds, low power requirements and the wide variety of projects that these materials lend themselves to.
If you need to engrave on bare metal, we would suggest you to use thermark spray.

www.thermark.com

Hi Greatz,

Those setting maybe locate on the system setting in the software,please try to find it generally in menu bar.
or you can show me the software interface.

Hope that will help.