INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Onowaykel

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Onowaykel »

Hi I’m Kelly. Fairly new to the engraving. Basically use on leather.
H3xx

Post by H3xx »

Hey-oh, all. My name is H3xx, and I'm a newbie in the field of laser engraving and CNC in general. I recently bought a 7w laser engraver and have it working pretty well, and I'm excited to learn what I can do with it.
choppero

Post by choppero »

Hi my name is Tom. I'm a gunsmith and CNC machinist. I am ready to expand my capabilities with laser engraving. I work out of my two car garage here in New Mexco. You can visit my web site at www.lcgnm.com
cu_laser

Post by cu_laser »

Hello, folks,
my boss recently had the idea that I should familiarize myself with the "company laser" used to cut Plexiglas.
The problem is: the laser doesn't work and I have no idea. XD

It's a Sei Bravo Personal 1220.

This one is now standing around a bit, has allegedly never really worked.
Further information, which I can give to the equipment are:
( Pictures are not show, i don´t know why... but i can send it to you, if you want)

Now it should be sold!

Now I need your help!
We are looking for someone who can measure the tubes and confirm the result.
i.e. you would have to have a look at the device, troubleshooting, troubleshooting, measuring individual components (especially the Synrad components).

With Synrad himself, I have already spoken, respectively written.
The answer is slightly sobering:
"...thank you very much for your pictures. Unfortunately I can't help them.
They have a Synrad laser model EVO240 with two separate
RF Generators Model RF3000. The laser has been obsolete since 2012.
That means for this model there are no spare parts and no
Service more."

We are a media agency based in Düsseldorf-Hafen (40221) and have a small workshop in Düsseldorf-Bilk (40215).

Maybe a member, from this group, comes from the proximity and would like and can look at that times.
( There should be also a small Obolus for it then 😉 )
Maybe there's someone here who would like to buy this laser for a good price.

It would be really super, if this person would come to us, since a removal and dispatch of the individual components would be very complex, and/or risky (transport damage).

So just write me a message, a comment or just call us at 😉.
( 0211-68819525 ; ask for the boss or Daniel )

Many thanks in advance to you.
Greetings Daniel
Ale_V

Post by Ale_V »

Hello,

my name is Alessandro and I am completely new to laser cutting even thought I have experience with both FDM and DLP 3D printing.
I just bought a K40 laser which is giving me terrible headaches as it has arrived broken and I am investigating ways to repair it.

Many thanks to all of you,

Ale
Hotdogsareyummy

Post by Hotdogsareyummy »

LINUS wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:41 am Welcome to forum&tell us a little about yourself.
Hello everyone,
So glad I came accross this forum. I’m new without any experience to Crystal Laser Engraving. Purchased a Perfect Laser Crystal Machine that air cools from China. The software runs off of Windows 7. The instructions that came with the machine are not too informative, or the step by step tutorials, translated from Chinese. HELP!! Would anyone have step by step instructions or a link they could post. I’m lost! Really appreciate any help. Thank you all.
terramart

Post by terramart »

NicoleHip wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:44 am Hello group.
My Nicole is Farley I'm 55 and semi retired I live in Athens Ga, and am getting a 900 sq ft shop and I've been wanting to build a router/plasma tabel for a long time now. They started advertising the carvewright seems like a powerful and easy CNC for the price but i sure would like to have a plasma cutter too. The post with the plans for the MechMate seems to be the tabel for me 4x8 size. For the software Mach 3 seems to be the choice. I probualy need help on the steppers and that side of the project. Is there something in between the software so I can Drawing up my own designs and scanning them into the computer and cut them on the tabel? Please understand I'm a newbee and only think i know what I've read. Thanks Nicole
eaglecnctec

Post by eaglecnctec »

Hello, Guys.

I'm Liam from Jinan Eagletec CNC Machinery.
This is our laser marking machines
https://www.eagletec-cnc.com/laser-marking-machine/

Contact me to know more.
IrishSteve

Post by IrishSteve »

Hi all,
Totally brand new to laser engraving. Just ordered my first engraver so I’m sure this place will be a saviour in time.
Look forward to any advice given and help along the way.
Many thanks,
Steve
Hill

Post by Hill »

Hello, new with laser engravers and just purchased a 700x500 black and red ridgeyard 100 watt laser to learn with, have made a few cuts and engravings.Thanks in advance for any help as I'm learning .