INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

TheBoltonian

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by TheBoltonian »

Hi all.
I have not started making a machine yet.
I have no doubt I will be misguided along my ways. :P
I look forward to posting my misgivings here.
laser10

Post by laser10 »

Hi
I am new to the subject of laser engraving and came here to learn more about company's who manufacture engravers. I was hoping that people more familiar with the subject would give me some advice about laser engraving in general as well as manufacturers, as I was going to engrave in poly carbonate film . Also, I heard that engraving in poly carbonate film is more complex and I was looking for someone to give me some advice on the subject as well as any company's manufacturing engravers that I could contact. Thanks everyone
Genuino

Post by Genuino »

Hello from Atlanta!

Just became member of these forums in anticipation of my very first laser arrival, DIY laser 5.5W, totally new but wanted to add another option to my shop and crafts at home, woodworking of small projects, woodturning and signage. Also have a 24 x 36 CNC Router and think a laser would be my next toy as a complement. Have been reading here for a couple of days and think there is a good group of helpful people :). Sorry if I ask dumb questions, just want to learn.

Have a nice day!
Bige65

Post by Bige65 »

Hi my name is Rich
I bought one of the Chinese Lasers and have been using it successfully until 3 days ago I was laying out a graphic in the shape of a Diamond when cut it the sides were 1/3 wider than the top and bottom. While trying to adjust the Diamond and download it in another name The machine stopped accepting downloads it would say it was sent but would not show up on the machine I am using direct a usb cables and have also tried jump drives any Ideas the machine is 5 months old with no success
battman2036

Post by battman2036 »

Hello,

I've been doing design and graphics for approx 17 years. Main focus has been vinyl, sublimation, and custom garment / items. Recently picked up a Universal ULS-25E from a friend. Unit is 20 yrs old, but my research indicates it should work for what we need. I'm new to the world of engraving, and hope to pick up some information here.
ThinkPad15

Post by ThinkPad15 »

Hi, I am working on a Laser Cutter for a project. Looking for find and gather information while learning as much as I can! Definitely seems like this board would be able to help me along the way.

Thanks
Chippackage

Post by Chippackage »

Hello everyone,

I am from Johannesburg, South Africa.
I have purchased my second laser machine Model: PLT-960 HQ Slimline (first was a K40 Chinese Laser).
I am starting up my own Design Business namely LB Designs, where I will be designing wedding or event invitations.
I am also open to taking on projects like personalized memorabilia or personalized gifts.

Thank you for the privilege of joining this Forum. I look forward to brainstorm or just have a chat with you all!

Leonard
MammaAiuto

Post by MammaAiuto »

Hello all,

Nothing special about me, I try to play with my new toy laser and so
far it work, now it's more the time for me to learn how to draw some
cool stuff for my other hobby paper model and burn my face on all
rice grain around the world

Have a mice one
-----(¯`*•.¸-----(¯`*•.¸,,,,‹(•¿•)›,,,,¸.•*´¯)----¸.•*´¯)-----

Marc P.
Gonzomandela

Post by Gonzomandela »

Hi, In a complete newbie on laser cutting looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and gals, my background is art and design, Im from mexico city and love forums! lol
alensamac

Post by alensamac »

Hello everyone,

I do image preparations for stone engraving, mostly laser etching on granite, for monumental industry.
Over time I specialized in preparing credible portraits for engraving as well as in restoration of poor quality images before the etching preparation. Here you can check what I'm dealing with, some of it may be useful for you - http://www.memorialpic.com/

Great to be here, I’m positive I’ll find a lot of useful material to upgrade my skills.
Last edited by alensamac on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dali