INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Don Lysell

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Don Lysell »

I am a complete novice, and have purchased a china kit. Have not been able to get it to work with Benbox software. I am using win xp but also have win 7, which I have not tried. I am turning 77 this month, and although I am older, I have been working with computers for some time, but cant seem to figure out whats going on with the software not working. i am an avid woodworker, and also am a model builder, The burner will be usefull to both of these hobbies, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Ares7

Post by Ares7 »

Hello everybody
i'am new on this forum.
I'm member of a french fablab and i'm learning to use a laser cutter (and i love that ;-) )
mfoss

Post by mfoss »

Hello All,
My name is Mike.
I have a blue and white China lase 900 x1300 with rotary and an old ULS X25. I have been laser cutting for about 20 years and have my own shop about 11 years now.

Mike
Niklas

Post by Niklas »

Hi i am new on this.i bought a small 2,5 watt engraver for personal use and check what's the possibilities.it proved to be enough strong to cut wood etc.and make decent projects.
But i need some guidance since i am new .thats why i register to your forum
My mainly thoughts about the laser machine is to build boxes.led lights mobile stands and many many more.i figured that the speed you place in the machine has significant role about what the result will be.I use inkscape to edit my vectors.but still need work on.I hope i can find some designs to use here.And i hope to help you as much with my photoshop knowledge.Thanks for accepting me
ARTTURI

Post by ARTTURI »

Hello everyone - I have a 50w Chinese laser engraver I bought for a decent price two years ago. I run a business and it has been critical in the production of our products. So much that when it starts to act funny, or gets out of line, or does a number of things out of the blue, we pay another company to do our engraving and branding. So essentially, it's hit of miss, mostly miss with the machine. When it works, we found it does a decent job and it worth the investment.
It's all about the software and the parameters that the actual controller uses. Firmware is very important and unfortunately, that is a large reason when downloading the various 'upgraded' software versions, interactions between the controller, and your new freshly downloaded software, have major discrepancies.
If I had stuck with my original software that came with the machine, and NOT do what most of us love to do - upgrade and get the newest and latest of whatever it is, I'd probably be changing out tubes from all the lazing I'd be doing. But no, I went to Thunderlaser, BOSSLASER and other sites looking for cleaner more user friendly versions of RD Works and it screwed up everything. I'm sure there is a way to fix it all, and that is why i am on here to converse with you genius laser RD Works masters out there...thanks in advance!
Leo Voisine

Post by Leo Voisine »

Hi,

My name is Leo.

I have a Chinese 6090 100w co2 laser since 2017.

Learning a lot.

About 1-1/2 years away from retirement

wanting to do a little side work after retirement

I also have a 1300 x 1300 x 254 CNC router and all the other shop goodies

I am a manufacturing years with 40+ years in manufacturing.
dshu24

Post by dshu24 »

Hello, my name is Derek Shulstad.

I've lived in Alexandria Minnesota my entire life and I work as a sales representative for Geneva Capital, a niche based equipment financing firm. We finance equipment in the engraving industry.

I have done equipment leases on many different machines such as laser engravers, CNC, routers, mills, lathes, planers, shapers, drill presses, grinders, and other forming applications.

I joined this forum for a few reasons: 1. I hope to provide this community with a unique perspective 2. I hope to learn more about the equipment we finance (I talk with people about their equipment yet most of the time I have no idea what it actually does so I have to BS my way through the sales call) 3. I want leads for financing and equipment inquiries to pass on to my vendor contacts

At Geneva Capital, we have years of experience helping our customers make their equipment purchases. Regardless of whether you are interested in leasing, working capital or paying cash outright for the equipment, we'll be useful for you. With thousands of equipment purchases, we have established vendor networks across the nation used to get our customers equipped (no brokers fee, we send vendors people looking for equipment and they send us people looking for financing so it evens out in the long run).

Let's talk business. Private message or hit me up. Below are my email and work phone.
derek@gogc.com 320-759-3535
Attachments
taxsavings19.pdf
(521.73 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
whylease.pdf
(150.49 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
DenNOLA

Post by DenNOLA »

This is my first time on this forum. I have experience with the use of the RD Works software which came with the chines laser engraver.
Trying to locate manufacturer due to problems with laser. However, e-mail address and web address are not valid. I'll post the problem on the forum.
wesharrisjr

Post by wesharrisjr »

Hello everyone, I am Wes. I live in middle Georgia. I bought my laser engraver a while back. it is one of the cheap Chinese ones that I use with Benbox. I have really learned my way around this machine and program. If I can help you with something, just send a message.
I burn things like coasters and keychains though right now my wife has me burning a large sign for the kitchen. fun stuff. Obviously, I found this forum looking for answers about my burner's current hiccup that I am unable to figure out. I'll look for answers in the forum but if I can't find it, I'll post a new topic.
Slow Ride

Post by Slow Ride »

Just signed up. Hope to learn a lot form everyone.
Had an old (cheep :D ) 3d printer removed the hot end and replaced with a (cheep :lol:) 15W laser head.
Got it to work but now I want to learn more.

Thanks for any help.
Chuck