INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Ijzuiulvv

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Ijzuiulvv »

Hi ! I am also 59, i make r/c cars and boats, generally with chainsaw engines in.I have completed my second year C++ course with credits and i am currently attempting to write my own program to control my mini milling machine that i am converting to cnc.
Regards
Israel
alufnino

Post by alufnino »

My name is Adrian, and I have been asked to introduce myself. I'm a semi-retired, 63 year old tool & die maker of 40 years. I have 30 years cnc programming and operating many varied cnc controls, macining centers, and lathes. I have an extensive background in Fanuc controls, including 5M, 6M, 6MB2, 10M, 11M, and 12M. Others include IBM, Hurco, and Allen Bradley. For 15 years I did extensive work with 4axis machining. Programming was an especially strong part of my work. I have extensive experience in Macro B & C, and 4th axis programming. I also wrote and implemented a complete conversational programming system, including speed, feed, and material selection for a 6MB2 contolled 4 axis 26 x 54 Pratt & Whitney vertical machining center. I have a strong welding background, specializing in stainless steel, aluminum, and all die steels. Also have a strong background in fixture design and manufacture, and extensive die steel heat treating. That's pretty much it, hope I didn't come off sounding like I'm bragging.
I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with others in this forum. Thanks for letting me introduce myself.
Till later,
Adrian
AnthonyRows

Post by AnthonyRows »

I'm making the transition from manual machines to CNC(fadal) at work. I'm just making set ups right now, but want to learn programming. My work uses Gibbs 04 and there are no schools around here that teach it, so I'm going to have to learn on my own I guess.
Hopefully I can get some help from this forum if I run into problems later.
Peter
Belindamumb

Post by Belindamumb »

hello,
i am here in athens,
i have a small lathe (400mm) milling machine
i use NINOs french programme
i am going to use servo in state of step by step motor
and i have probleme to send messages
so hope you can receive this one.
Thank you :D :D
Howaredug

Post by Howaredug »

Hi all
New to do DIY CNC mysef. Have some general knowlage as my brother is a goldsmith and uses a Roland MDX 40. My main interests are model truck building, hence the need for a CNC mill/router (not sure witch yet). Am fairly proficiant with Turbocad. Am a retiered earthmoving machine technician with fair ammout of machine shop experiance.

Have bought 1.8Nm steppers and 4.2A drivers form Motioncontol and am currently building the power supply and box. As experiment am builing a wooden router but am having second thoughts on the accuracy posible.

Guess that´s the bulk for now.
Unreatrap

Post by Unreatrap »

Hey yall,

Just another lurker. I first got interested in cnc to do pcb engraving. My primary hobby being electronics. I was rather sucessful and made some nice boards but the noise and detail just don't cut it. I've gone back to chemical etching having found a reliable laser transfer film that does a great job. But I just love using the cnc mill for drilling out those circuit boards. Saves a fortune by not breaking drill bits. I do plan to build a cnc router sometime soon. I currently have a Sherline mill with a Xylotex 4 axis setup using the DeskCNC software and serial interface. Works real well. I do enjoy reading about what others are doing and how they overcome various problems. Okay I'm going back behind the lurker's curtain for now.

Thanks
Richard
Austin, TX
RedisBivy

Post by RedisBivy »

IM A 3RD YEAR APPRENTICE FROM AUSTRALIA, I RUN A INTERGREX 30Y AND MANY OKUMA MACHINIES, I STILL HAVE ALOT TO LEARN AND I FIND THIS SITE TO BE VERY USEFULL. IT IS INDEED THE ULTIMATE LASER COMMUNITY!!! ;) ;)
Edwardrib

Post by Edwardrib »

Hello, i like this area very much. I intend to build a cnc but for me is a slow process - financial reasons! For now, just learning and looking for salvaged parts from printers, copy machines, etc. Of course, i will post my project here when is ready. ;) ;)
Danieloi

Post by Danieloi »

Hi, I am Dario, and I recently became interested in Laser machines. There is an overwhelming amount of information in this forum, but it all looks like good stuff. I've been playing with the idea of making my own DIY Laser machine,but I have no idea where to start. I am sure I will learn alot here. Thanks.
-Dario
mlcaedos

Post by mlcaedos »

Hi boys,
I am a mechanical engineer and new to Laser machine DIY.
I want to seek several new development space about laser.I hope I can get help in this forum.
Marcus