INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Cherry Stylecnc

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Cherry Stylecnc »

Hello everyone,

My name is Cherry from China, i am from JINAN STYLE MACHINERY CO.,LTD, a manufacturer and exporter of all cnc machines. and i can help you solve any problem about CNC machine, i hope more and more people know STYLECNC in the future.

Best Regards,
Cherry
Truewoodwork

Post by Truewoodwork »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Martin from True Woodwork in Musselkanaal, The Netherlands.

After having used a CNC router for the past 10 years we now have just received a Thunderlaser Nova 51. It will be mainly used for engraving wood and form an addition to the cnc engraving capabilities.

I'm searching the forum to see if there is a solution to a problem that I ran into. At the moment the laser is working but it doubles the size of the y direction of any drawing (RD Works). If I draw a 10 x 10 square the laser wil cut a 10 x 20 rectangle. I can fix it in the software by reducing the size of the y direction to 50% but I would prefer a more permanent solution. If anyone had the same issue, your feedback is much appreciated.

Greetings to all.
Martin
brianmichalk

Post by brianmichalk »

I purchased a GWeike laser about a year ago, and after some mishaps am experiencing some problems. I have been learning as I go. The software, and hardware are all a bit interesting.
Rustic

Post by Rustic »

Rustic here from Salt Spring Island. I’ve decided to add laser cutting/engraving to the range of services I offer and am in the process of machine selection and purchase. I operate entirely on Mac’s using Vectorworks as my CAD program for 3D modelling. However, looks like I’ll need a PC to interface with the laser engraver. I see Epilog offer a Mac driver on their Fusion range and I await pricing details from them. I’m also looking at Trotec. I’ll be operating mostly on wood, engraving aromatic cedar.

Im happy to be able to tap into the considerable knowledge base in the forum.
pswemmer

Post by pswemmer »

Good day,

I am Piet Swemmer from South Africa.
I do writing pens, kitchen cutting boards and walking sticks.
I have the small laser from Aliexpress, works wonderful for writing on pens
then purchased the bigger one for the logo and some bigger writing using Benbox.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/50-65cm ... 0.0.H5NufH

I would very much like advice on the following
1. how do I increase/decrease the size of the image i want to print
2. How can I determine where the machine will start printing? I switch on the low light but the image starts to print approx 2cm from the light
3. it seems the biggest I can print is approx 10cm x 10cm, should be able to print bigger
4. can I load additional fonts?

regards

piet
daddycreswell

Post by daddycreswell »

Hello everyone, I am from middle Tennessee. I have a Chinese red & black 60watt 700x500 mm bed. I have had the laser over a year now. Still learning everyday.
Terryjones

Post by Terryjones »

Hi I'm new to laser I've just bought 40w Chinese one it does what I want ? I'm in UK
danielwilliams

Post by danielwilliams »

Hello all forum members, I have just joined this forum for the first time and I am really happy to be a part of this great community.

Real estate agent in Crownsville
Aergath

Post by Aergath »

Hi , I'm from France just purchase a 2000MW Laser engraver from amazon and I'm not a fan of the software I joined this forum in order to get help and then be a part of this community :)
iitraxx

Post by iitraxx »

HI everyone,

I'm Gijs (Bob, for the people who don't speak Dutch and have no idea how to pronounce my name). I'm looking towards buying a laser engraver for hobby purposes but i'm a little lost in all the possibilities. I joined this forum to gather more knowledge before making a purchase decision.