INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

rhyne

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by rhyne » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi all,

I'm rhyne and I've been a professional laser engraver for 5 years now... with a focus on custom engravings on firearms/guns. My office has 2 fiber lasers...

1. Epilog Fibermark 30 watt
2. Laserstar 80 watt

I've been a member on this forum for a while, but haven't really chimed in much or explored all that much either. Looking forward to getting more familiar with what's happening around here. I also am interested in purchasing a laser to have at my home and am trying to research some of the various options, costs, support, etc... Does anyone know a good place to compare the wide variety of offerings that are now available? it's a lot to wrap my head around so far. Thanks.

mikesinclair

Post by mikesinclair » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:17 pm

Hi,

I'm Mike and I have a laser problem. It seems that most of my problems I try to solve with my laser :-( I have been a happy laser user for 19 years now. Even did preliminary research in CO2 lasers in late 60's. Happy to be a member here :-)

Gazell16

Post by Gazell16 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:19 am

Hi all.
I'm a complete newby to lasers.
I built the MPCNC last year using a makita router . I'm planning on making a couple of flight sim panels. It works great for cutting however the engraving quality is very poor.
I've got some translucent opal acrylic and sprayed it black with plasticoat.
I've seen a few people on YouTube etch the black to reveal the white underneath using the k40 laser.
My question is would a diode laser etch the black paint away. I don't need to cut the acrylic with a laser, just engrave text into it
Many thanks
Gary