Laser won't start

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Vgzofmsan

Laser won't start

Post by Vgzofmsan »

Hello everyone,
I got a laser machine from china that has giving me problems since I purchased the machine for the following reasons. 1st no technical support, 2nd no technical support, 3rd no technical support; so, I being learning to use the machine prety much on my own and tips that I get here and in other places. I moved out of state and now that I'm setting up the machine it won't start; can someone help me here and provide me with a troubleshoting guide (what to check) in order to isolate the problem.

Sincerely,
Adrian

Similar Threads:
40W CO2 Laser - problem with start position
laser with MPC 6525 - laser blocks after pressing the START button
Newbie- Laser doesn't start???
Newbie- Start to Finish help. What laser engraver will do the job?
Problem- Laser Auto start
working hard
Zfoebnhyk

Re: Laser won't start

Post by Zfoebnhyk »

Hi Adrian, so the machine was working before you moved it?Does it initialize when powered up or is it completely dead?If it's dead, check the EMO switch is released, rotate it so it pops up. These often get pushed when moving systems and are overlooked as the problem.If it powers up and initializes but the laser won't fire, then I suspect the tube was damaged during the move. This should be easy to see, check for any water getting inside the inner vacuum tube or broken connections (ensure the laser is disconnected from the supply).

Zax.