Best American-made laser engraver to buy used?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

WilliamDomb

Best American-made laser engraver to buy used?

Post by WilliamDomb »

ello Everyone, I'm a newbie looking to buy a used laser engraver and need some advice from some more experienced CNC people. I've been looking into Universal and Epilog, but am willing to buy something else that is American-made with good customer service and parts availability. What brand of laser engravers seem to hold up the best and remain compatible with modern user-friendly software such as CorelDraw? And am I right to assume that used American-made is a better value than a new Chinese-manufactured laser engraver?

My goal is to cut and engrave a wide variety of thicknesses and materials - leather, wood, acrylic, rubber sheet - basically I'm just playing right now. Budget is up to $25,000, but I would like to start as small as possible (as long as it's user-friendly for a newbie) and work up to something bigger and badder once I decide to get serious. I would love some expert input!