A New Build

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Robertmr

A New Build

Post by Robertmr »

I need a little help. 8-) 8-) I keep looking at the GT2 belts and pulleys and keep thinking the teeth are very small not much grip, the teeth are only 0.762 mm tall and 6 mm wide the other belt I'm looking at is the XL which has a taller tooth of 1.3 mm 10 mm wide but the pulleys have a flange about 36mm diameter the GT2 pulley have a flange about 16mm diameter, so what would you use if you where building a laser today? Or even tell me about another type belt and where to get it?
Next is the stepper motors, I would like to use Nema 23 what size can I use 1.8 deg steps, or do you need 0.9 deg steps? I want to use this for engrave photos so will be using a AWC608c or AWC708c but I still have to look to see what the difference is.
Mike. :? :?