Metal cutting option from Thunderlaser?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Michael Henriksen

Metal cutting option from Thunderlaser?

Post by Michael Henriksen »

I have seen some reports that metal cutting in thin sheet (under 1.5mm) is just about possible with a 150W CO2 tube and oxygen assist. Is that option available on Thunderlaser machines? I would think the HD head might just about work with oxygen assist.

I'm not a beginner when it comes to laser cutting. I have been cutting kits on lasers for several years. I currently have a 6040 sized machine with a 80 RECI tube. I'm looking to upgrade to a larger machine. My main use is for cutting MDF and plywood but if I was able to cut metal occasionally that would be a big boost to my business. I'm aware of the safety issues surrounding the use of oxygen and the need for efficient extraction when cutting metal.
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: Metal cutting option from Thunderlaser?

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Michael
Sorry, our mars series(and titan series) can't be used for cutting the metal.
The laser head is different with the standard laser head including the HD head, this is only for engraving high resolution image
If you have a metal cutting machine that a 150W co2 laser tube should can cut a 0.5mm thickness stainless steel sheet
But not only the laser head, also other parts will be changed for cutting metal if you get a good result

I think if you'd like to upgrade to a large machine that it can be used for cutting metal, you should purchase a metal cutting machine.
But our laser is only for cutting non-metal material.

Have a good day
Bryantma

Sculkila 446 mg

Post by Bryantma »

YGA Laser is good to metal :lol:
http://sex4pills.ru