Corel laser speed

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

squizzel

Corel laser speed

Post by squizzel »

Hi
I am new to this forum and to laser cutting. I have a Chinese 40w laser with corel x7, corel laser and laser DRW. I have no problem with laserdrw, but I cant do layers in it. I have done a design in corel laser but no matter what I do the speed is so slow it is burning through the material even on low power. I have set the speed higher but it isn't altering the speed of the laser. I may well be doing something wrong, or have overlooked a setting somewhere. Has anyone come across this before? can anyone help please?
Thank you in advance.
Mark
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: Corel laser speed

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi Mark,
our controller is RDC6442G and software is RDWorksV8, we use different software and controller.
I don't use corel laser, sorry.
for your problems, I think you will get better answers from your supplier.
Thunder laser - Tom

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Mark
You said when you set a lower speed but it isn't altering the speed when you start the job again
So i have a question that is do you sending this changing job to the laser successful?
And also could you try to use a strong air compressor to work when the laser does cut
So you are right that it should something is wrong,
But please try to find out the problem following methods
1. try to use a strong air compressor to work
2. check if the laser beam align is working fine or not?
3. why you set a lower speed but nothing change

Hope you will can get it work soon
squizzel

Post by squizzel »

Thanks for the replies. We have done it so for anyone out there with this problem this is what we did.
Open corel laser and click the cutting / engraving button, this brings up the page where the speed, number of passes ect are. Up the top right hand side there is a properties button, click this. On the next page there is a section that tells you what the motherboard model is. click this and you get a drop down menu with around 8 different ones, start from the top select and apply then try the laser again. With mine it was the 4th one down, and speed control is restored.
The wrong motherboard is set as default it needs to be changed.