engraver greys out after ten min or so usage

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

mikecahill

engraver greys out after ten min or so usage

Post by mikecahill »

I have a Chinese 40wt engraver with laserDRW and Winseal, it also came with coraldraw but I've not been able to get that working, had it about 6 months and to be honest it worked better than I was expecting it to, but I now have a fault, after about ten minutes work, the "Engrave" button greys out, and it won't go to the engrave setup page, so its game over for a couple of hours, then it will work again, for another 10 min. It is a Lihuiyu Studio Labs 6C6879 M2:6laser card, I suspect the Dongle, or perhaps a capacitor somewhere is not discharging, any suggestions? Would it be easy to swap it out ?
Downunder35m

Re: engraver greys out after ten min or so usage

Post by Downunder35m »

I still got the same controller as yours complete with dongle if you are desperate for a replacement.
If you suspect the dngle check your com port settings and if in doubt remove the com port for the dongle so when you plug it back in Windows will set the port to default settings.
Otherwise I have a nice project on Instructables on the replacement of the original controller in favour for a ArduinoMega ;)