Have absolutely no idea what's wrong

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

hiljor

Have absolutely no idea what's wrong

Post by hiljor »

Hi, NEW TO GROUP
OK so I bought a chinese laser cutter (80w) was cheaper than anything available in Ireland but €2.5K not cheap. Anyway, it was working away no major problems and then I started to notice some of the cutting jobs I was setting were a bit hit & miss, it would cut some jobs out perfect and other not even graze the surface. I was cutting a job and noticed a change in the noise of machine and realised that the small air pump (extraction pump) had stopped working and when I looked in at laser there was no more laser only red pinpoint light. It was still moving around as if it was still cutting job but the laser wasn't firing. I assumed that the issue was with the tube even though I could see no visible signs of damage to tube (cracking, discolouration) I actually managed after much negotiation to get a replacement tube under warranty from suppliers in China but after attaching new tube still no firing. As far as I can see all power components are working but can't be 100% sure, has anybody come across this, can anybody help me please. I am desperate. Thank you in advance. Hil
Donml

Re: Have absolutely no idea what's wrong

Post by Donml »

why not check you laser tube.What control panel use?You can pulse laser in Debug Mode.And you water tanks working properly :ugeek:
All is well
hiljor

Post by hiljor »

Thanks for your reply, I am totally new to all this and feeling a bit out of my depth. I have attached new laser tube to machine and it is not firing, can I check the laser tube a different way??? Thanks
hiljor

Post by hiljor »

OK so I have a small positive development but it's another problem!!! The laser tube is now firing but only at one end of the tube - feel free to throw all theories at me. Oh and solutions please. TIA
Obecny

Post by Obecny »

Hi there, where in Ireland are you located ?
I am not an expert but also a owner of smaller 40W Chinese machine and I can say I am happy with it
If you around Kerry maybe I can have a look to your problem.
hiljor

Post by hiljor »

Thank you all so much for your help, you will be happy to know that we sorted the problem, basically the PSU was knackered and we are now back flying with our wonderful laser cutter We also have the bonus of the 2 new tubes we got from the supplier as we thought the tube was the problem :lol: