HELP LASER TUBE PROBLEM

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

hiljor

HELP LASER TUBE PROBLEM

Post by hiljor »

So my laser engraver has gone from not working at all to now having a new tube fitted but it's only firing at one end - all & any solutions welcome please
nrigdyday

Re: HELP LASER TUBE PROBLEM

Post by nrigdyday »

The normal color of the laser beam is purple while working. When a tube is dying, the color will become white.
Brandon_Liew

Post by Brandon_Liew »

Hi Hilijor,
1) The problem just happen when you engraving on glass or also other materials?
2) The problem happen when engraving or cutting?
3) Have you adjusted your air pump for the laser tube?

Looking forward to your reply!
Williamsr

Post by Williamsr »

I wonder if you remember to put the insulator cap back on the positive end of the laser tube - "clicking" is just as likely to be the positive terminal arcing onto the body of the machine. That's one of the things that is neither mentioned in the installation instructions nor shown in any of the pictures to install the tubes.
The big white rubber cap that was on the positive terminal when the tube came in the box wasn't just to protect it. It was an insulator to stop it from arcing. Sent a picture of it back to the manufacturer - "Yes it is an insulator cap. Put it on the terminal".
hiljor

Post by hiljor »

Hi
Thank you ALL for your replies.

nrigdyday - thank you, the little bit of light in the tube is purple it is just not travelling through the tube. It is brand new tube so hope not to see white light!!!

Brandon_liew - thank you, at this moment I can't do anything with it as the laser won't even work with the test button!!!!! Why do I have to adjust the air pump for laser??? and how???

Williamsr - thank you, I hadn't put the cap back on but I had wrapped it in insulation tape temporarily until I saw if it was working???? I will however now put it back on to see if that works.

I'll let you know how I get on.