How to solve the failure of laser engraving and cutting in China ?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Jasper_Rullman

How to solve the failure of laser engraving and cutting in China ?

Post by Jasper_Rullman »

Hello. I'm really hoping someone can help me. A friend of mine brought a laser cutter and engraver off eBay from China. It worked for a few months then one day a tiny puff of smoke came out the main board and it stopped working. They eventually sent out a new board but it still didn't work. After months of emails they have now sent a new motor as we thought it was that but turning it on, it tried to start then we got a puff of smoke out the main board again. The company now won't reply to the emails and the fact it is meant to have a two year Warrenty means nothing to them. My friend has spent enough money and now has nothing to show for it. Paypal cant help as its been too lomg. Has any one got any ideas on how we can maybe fix it or anything?
:oops:
Hope you can help.
Triumphlaser Support

Re: How to solve the failure of laser engraving and cutting in China ?

Post by Triumphlaser Support »

Hi Sir ,we are Triumphlaser , as our experience , the switch power supply of your machine is died because of the unstable Vol , you need replace a new switch power supply , thanks! skype : david-triumphlaser
Gerard_Degon

Post by Gerard_Degon »

Which machine did he purchase? If it is a K40, he can always upgrade it to a better unit by installing a DSP controller in it. It can be purchased at lightobject.com and is not all that difficult to install.
Caro Brandes

Post by Caro Brandes »

hi,dear many machines small ones, on Ebay , the price is very cheap and of cource lower quality ,
if buy a good quality mahcine then could use a few years no any problem

dear you wil lcut &engrave what maetriasl??

we have cheaper desk top model storm600 at USD1200 and bigger models, laser engraver,
ok, if you have interest ,can contact me:

chloe@wklaser.com

quiven form gweike laser
Zachery Saltarelli

Post by Zachery Saltarelli »

Yes,I think buying from the ebay is not a good choice,because the price is low so the quality is not very good also. You can buy the quality laser from the good company with a higher price!
minervalo4

Post by minervalo4 »

Sorry be the bearer of bad news, but very likely your friend bought a cheapo laser if he got it off eBay (less than $4k). If so, your best bet is to throw it away and buy a decent laser. Even if you get it up and going it's going to break again in quick order and you'll be out even more time and money. Those cheapo ebay lasers are money/time pits. Chalk the loss up to a learning mistake. When it sounds too good to be true it is.
eBay is littered with junk lasers. Decent lasers start around $6k for a Chinese laser (including all import fees) or $12k for a small USA/UK laser.
Geraldet

Post by Geraldet »

In fact many customers buy the low price machine just because of their low budget, we can't laugh at them buying a low quality machine, as a professional laser machine manufacturer, I think we should develop suitable model for them. Many small working area laser engraving machine manufacturing cost not too expensive, but too many famous companies make a high price for it in order to a higher profit. And too many low quality companies make a lower price in order to a bigger sales volume.

What we do is different, we tell out manufacturing cost for every models we produce to our customer, just earn commission they would like to give us. They are not only customer to us, but also partner.

Just make a feeling, really sorry to hear your experience. You can tell me the name of the mahcine you bought, we can try our best to help you.
moraykidz

Post by moraykidz »

I'm sorry, But I run a business in Scotland and now have 3 Chinese lasers, 2 50 x 30 x 50w blue and cream and a 70 x 50 60w laser, I have been running them for 2 years and in that time i have replaced 1 tube and 2 Laser PSU's, These machines are used daily and I cannot praise them enough. I think the problem lies with people experimenting and over driving the tube. Everything i do is at 40% power, If it doesn't cut 1st time, Run it again.
Michaelwole

Post by Michaelwole »

moraykidz wrote:I'm sorry, But I run a business in Scotland and now have 3 Chinese lasers, 2 50 x 30 x 50w blue and cream and a 70 x 50 60w laser, I have been running them for 2 years and in that time i have replaced 1 tube and 2 Laser PSU's, These machines are used daily and I cannot praise them enough. I think the problem lies with people experimenting and over driving the tube. Everything i do is at 40% power, If it doesn't cut 1st time, Run it again.
Not an ideal solution.It'll take about double.