not happy with LaserStar Engraving Machine

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

HLN

not happy with LaserStar Engraving Machine

Post by HLN »

Hi!
I am new user for this forum and also for fibre laser engraving. Last month I purchased a machine from US that comes with EzCad 2.4.xx. I was expected the machine might come with better software but it didn't. On their website they show off with how their machine could perform the following:
http://www.laserstar.net/industries/jew ... lications/. Those videos seems really cool but with EasyCad 2.4.x I couldn't engrave much of their show off. ;( 30W machine should cut off at least 0.5mm thickness 24K gold plate with many loops but didn't even leave a scratch. I have tried different parameter settings but didn't success. Anyone could teach me any tricks for cutting it?
I have tried color engraving on stainless steels, just black and white could perform. I wanna create colour palette writing. Anyone have the file?
Many Thanks.
Wayne

Re: not happy with LaserStar Engraving Machine

Post by Wayne »

Hiya
Are you sure you have bought a laserstar? they normally come with Laserstars own software not ezcad or Prolase 7 software.

can you send a link to the website you bought from,
30W Fiber can mark but you will have a job cutting gold or silver with a low wattage even of its fiber. for 1mm gold on a 30W fiber can take 75 passes on the same line, cutting usually needs 200w+
By colour writing are you referring to engraving with variable power density so it heats the surface temperature causing variance staining
HLN

Post by HLN »

Dear Wayne,

Thank you. The machine machine indeed Laserstar 6800 series. In the delivery check list, they print out the software as just EzCad. They said Prolease software need to purchase that is why I felt really unhappy. :(
I bought the machine from LaserStar office representative in CA branch via our business partner in LA.
My job needs to deep engrave on 24K gold plate sometimes, it did well with my Gravograph M20 which is not a laser machine though.
I didn't know the parameter settings in EzCad to do the same job with laserstar machine. For training classes (with fees) from Laserstar, I can't attend them in person. I can't find any other tutorial video for LaserStar Machine especially how to deep engrave on 24K on internet.
I tested with 0.75mm 23K Gold plate cutting @ 150 passes and it succeed. The same setting didn't even leave a scratch on 24K gold plate. It is far from deep engrave.
For cutting purpose, I am thinking about buying stepcraft2 multi tools changeable laser cutter in the future. Any suggestion wayne?
For color writing on Stainless Steel, yes, I wanna know the parameter setting or need a file to write Colour Palette sample plate.
Thanks again for sharing knowledge.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hiya
Very often 24k gold plate is not 24k gold, its more likely to be a composite /alloy, unless you know exactly the composition and plating method you will find it hard to make an impression, try a slower scan rate, see if that helps,
I should have a similar model in the workshop in a month or so, ill be able to help more then.