The laser tube has became dark from andoe side

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Julpaoeze

The laser tube has became dark from andoe side

Post by Julpaoeze »

Hello everyone!

My laser machine has started to give out much lesser power as it used to. I'm using my 2nd tube this year and it really hasn't been used that much. I've started by cleaning all mirrors and lens, when I noticed that the tube is getting residue on it from outside. What's weird is that the most residue is anode side and it has less residue towards cathode and no residue at all at the very end.

Here is an image how it looks
lasertube.jpg
lasertube.jpg (31.1 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
Just wandering if this is normal, if not then what can I do to revent this from happening?
Rudy_Tennis

Re: The laser tube has became dark from andoe side

Post by Rudy_Tennis »

Julpaoeze wrote:Hello everyone!

My laser machine has started to give out much lesser power as it used to. I'm using my 2nd tube this year and it really hasn't been used that much. I've started by cleaning all mirrors and lens, when I noticed that the tube is getting residue on it from outside. What's weird is that the most residue is anode side and it has less residue towards cathode and no residue at all at the very end.

Here is an image how it looks
lasertube.jpg
Just wandering if this is normal, if not then what can I do to revent this from happening?
Hi there
you are sure its residue it looks to me more like chill ether way is not good
the tube needs some temperature at around 68 to 72 degree on the water temperature and even so the sourounding area if the tube is chilled like below
and the area too then the tube could loos some gas or even crack if the tube ist started.
if this is realy residue then your excaust is not good enough.
greetings
Julpaoeze

Post by Julpaoeze »

Yeah really it does look like the chill. But it's not, because temperatures here haven't dropped below freezing. It's residue from the kind of paper that I cut.

So does your tube stay chrystal clear even after some use?
aRIVEBivy

Post by aRIVEBivy »

Julpaoeze wrote:Yeah really it does look like the chill. But it's not, because temperatures here haven't dropped below freezing. It's residue from the kind of paper that I cut.

So does your tube stay chrystal clear even after some use?
yes my tube looks clear even after 500 hours heavy engraving of bamboo and acrylic.
I use a 500W inline excaust fan from hydrophonic and it sucks out verythings.
BiVecyMisy

Post by BiVecyMisy »

The machine you have is similar to the Rabbit 68 series, sadly it does mean they tend to extract right over the top of the tube ergo dumping dust and particulates all over it. That in itself isn't anything to worry about however it's also likely that the final output coupler is also dirty (the lens at the exit end of the tube) this would also cause the reduced power you mention.

Solution: Simply clean the output coupler (tube lens) but make sure you do it very carefully, if you scratch it or damage it the tube will be a write off.