Corel draw will only engraved on center?? Please help!

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Michealpync

Corel draw will only engraved on center?? Please help!

Post by Michealpync »

When I make a template and write text in the bottom right hand corner and then engrave, the text will automatically engrave in the center of my product?? Does anyone know how to get my machine to engrave only where I place my objects on the template? Please help?? My machine used to work fine until we changed our stepper motor and controller. Thank you in advance!
JuniorAdup

Re: Corel draw will only engraved on center?? Please help!

Post by JuniorAdup »

Hi,
I would look at the "print" settings when you send the job to the laser. Could it be re-positioning the text to the "center of page" or something like that? Or that the laser table is matched up to Corel? In the past I have had issues like that with my Epilog.
jibjabst

Re: Corel draw will only engraved on center?? Please help!

Post by jibjabst »

What brand of machine? You can not just change controller and stepper motor unless the settings from the old controller are copied or transferred over in some way. A different stepper motor might need a different steps or micro stepping entered. Unless your an experienced CNC person you need to find someone who knows your machine.
AndressoureMM

Corel draw will only engraved on center Please help

Post by AndressoureMM »

A picture would help to determine weather its ex Action or ex STA Adelaide.Another thing to you might or will have to some work to the engine bay to get engine to fit.