Has anyone seen this when performing laser alignment?

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

richtruelove

Has anyone seen this when performing laser alignment?

Post by richtruelove »

The image with the single bullseye is a 20% pulse just before mirror 1. The image with the two bullseyes are 20% pulse with the smaller in the lower left position of the work table and the larger is at the lower right. The machine is a ThunderLaser Mars130 with a 130 watt RECI laser tube 6 months in operation. I would appreciate any insight that anyone has. My gut reaction is that the laser tube has gone bad and it is time for a new one. I just want to be sure before laying out the cash for a replacement.

PS: The black dots are pulses post focus lens and are not related to the problem.

Thank you,

Richard Truelove
Attachments
2016-12-30 18.30.44.jpg
2016-12-30 18.30.44.jpg (591.39 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
2016-12-30 18.30.23.jpg
2016-12-30 18.30.23.jpg (647.68 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: Has anyone seen this when performing laser alignment?

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

From your picture, the laser beam size is big, can you please try to cut 10mm acrylic with 70% power, and tell us what is the highest speed?
jgarciaa

Re: Has anyone seen this when performing laser alignment?

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering the Monport laser for its user-friendly interface, high quality, and affordability may be beneficial given the issues you're experiencing with your ThunderLaser Mars130. Despite operating for six months, you're encountering inconsistencies in laser output, potentially indicating a faulty laser tube. While your gut reaction suggests it's time for a replacement, seeking advice from Monport's customer support or online forums could provide confirmation and guidance before making the investment. Their high-quality lasers and supportive community may offer valuable insights to help resolve your issue efficiently. https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3