Swap a non ttl 2w for a 5.5w ttl. Very cheap Chinese

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

subvaperjim

Swap a non ttl 2w for a 5.5w ttl. Very cheap Chinese

Post by subvaperjim »

Hi all, I think my setup and question may be a little low brow from what I have seen on here so far but I'm going to ask anyway in the hope one of you will have done the same in the past.
I have a small 2w eleks type chineses cheap and chearful engraver, I got it all up and running no problem (I build 3D printers)
The laser did what I required but was taking up to 20 passes to get the desired makings I wanted,
I recently saw a 5.5w for under a £100 on aliexpress on a sale so thought why not and got it.
The trouble I am having is the ttl side of things I purchased a v3 uno shield and assume I have set it all up correctly
I have installed grbl1.1 but the laser just comes on low power as soon as power is applied.
From research the ttl goes to the z+ pin on the board with it being the v3. I have also tried it on the spindle pin just incase but that didn't work either.
So have I got the firmware wrong,have I wired it wrong?

Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.
If it's a question that's been asked a 1000 times before please accept my apologies I did scan through the threads but couldn't see any thing.
Some photos for your amusement
Attachments
Cheap shield
Cheap shield
image.jpg (577.69 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Cheap ttl
Cheap ttl
image.jpg (701.27 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Cheap laser
Cheap laser
image.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 4378 times
Yep I know you get what you pay for
Yep I know you get what you pay for
image.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 4378 times
JohnCifu

Swap a non ttl 2w for a 5 5w ttl Very cheap Chinese

Post by JohnCifu »

I have a set of NEW Carbotech XP-10 Pads for non-Cobra rear disc brake 8.8 rear with 94 rear disc. Part #CT-627A XP-10

Want to swap even for NEW XP-8, AX-6, or HAWK HP Plus Pads HB183N.660 for same.
I was advised this [url=http://expertadvisormt4ea.com/2017/06/forextrade-magic.html]best trading system[/url] for successful trading
jgarciaa

Re: Swap a non ttl 2w for a 5.5w ttl. Very cheap Chinese

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering the Monport laser for its user-friendly interface, high quality, and affordability could help resolve your current setup issues. It appears you're encountering difficulties integrating a new 5.5W laser into your system, particularly with TTL functionality. Double-check firmware settings and ensure correct wiring of the TTL connection. If problems persist, Monport's customer support or online forums may provide assistance. https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3