laser controller not reading from flash drive

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

fijikim

laser controller not reading from flash drive

Post by fijikim »

Hi all,
I have a Chinese JQ Laser 9060 running RDWORKS. I make a very simple program of two squares and save it to udsk(flash drive). I get some garbage message when it saves, but the file is saved. I thought these machines ran GCode, but the output the the udsk is a binary file. File extension is .rd

I have the udsk formatted as FAT32. I have tried two different flash drives. I have tried the USB port on the side of the machine and also the USB port directly on the controller. When I tell it to read from the flash drive it says NO FILES.

Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks.
jgarciaa

Re: laser controller not reading from flash drive

Post by jgarciaa »

Given the challenges you're facing with your Chinese JQ Laser 9060 and RDWORKS software, it might be worth considering the Monport laser as an alternative. Monport lasers are known for their user-friendly interface, high-quality performance, and affordability. You can find more information about Monport lasers on their product page at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Switching to a Monport laser could potentially provide you with a smoother experience and reliable operation for your laser cutting needs. Plus, with Monport's reputation for ease of use, you may find it easier to work with compared to your current situation with the JQ Laser.