Laser cutter a functional model

You can free download laser cut designs Free Vector Art from this forum.And you can Share your laser files, laser works here.

Moderator: baker

Forum rules
You need to do is register as a user and go directly to the files you want to Download
monday

Laser cutter a functional model

Post by monday »

This is a functional model of the pendulum clock said to have been designed by Galileo. This is designed to be used as a historical teaching model for hands-on student interaction but I make no claims of its historical accuracy. I simply made it based on his drawings. Students learn about gears and gearing, stored energy (through the rubber band), the escapement mechanism, and the properties of the pendulum. The pendulum in this clock is designed to enable students to explore how weight and length impact period by making it easy for students to move washers or large nuts along notches on the pendulum (full length and half-way up).
pic (1).jpg
pic (2).jpg
pic (3).jpg
Flies:
Galileo_Pendulum.cdr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Edwardbum

Re: Laser cutter a functional model

Post by Edwardbum »

Very practical.I like it.
Hierro

Post by Hierro »

Very interesting project!!!
This weekend I'll make it.
Thank you for share it.
Desde Jerez de la Frontera, sur de España, mis mejores deseos a todos.
Michealpync

Post by Michealpync »

Hierro wrote:Very interesting project!!!
This weekend I'll make it.
Thank you for share it.
I will look forward to the good new.
Aus Kindern werden Leute. :shock:
Hierro

Post by Hierro »

monday wrote:This is a functional model ....
Hi.
Could you put a picture where we can see all the clock?
and other cuestion: How we give tension to the clock? rubber?, spring?
Regards
Antonio
Desde Jerez de la Frontera, sur de España, mis mejores deseos a todos.
monday

Post by monday »

Hierro wrote:
monday wrote:This is a functional model ....
Hi.
Could you put a picture where we can see all the clock?
and other cuestion: How we give tension to the clock? rubber?, spring?
Regards
Antonio
More detailed assembly instructions will be posted shortly. This is designed to be cut from 1/4" (5mm) plywood (I've found that Home Depot's new Purebond plywood works great). It is designed to work with 1/4" dowels but be warned the holes for the gears are very snug (on purpose). The frame is designed to use nylon washers to reduce friction with a 1/4" ID and a 3/8" OD.
I've included new pictures to help with the assembly. Look at the washer spacing for the pendulum and escapement mechanism. Also note that the escapement requires a piece to be glued to it above to enable it to work. It is the small rectangle in the plans.
Finally, I recommend playing a little with the exact placement of the two catches on the pendulum. This model is designed to fit very snugly around the 1/4" dowel and I would adjust it manually until I got it to work correctly and then I'd use a spot of super glue to hold it in place once it is working.
clock_display_large.jpg
lcj-11-021.jpg
lcj-11-022.jpg
lcj-11-023.jpg
lcj-11-024.jpg
lcj-11-025.jpg
lcj-11-026.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lou_Pera

Post by Lou_Pera »

Hi.
We are students of Politecnico in Milan and we are writing you to ask you some informations about Galileo Pendulum's because we are doing a project for PLM course; so can you give us the shares and measures of each part of the pendulum? Â

Thank You  for your attention.
monday

Post by monday »

I've uploaded more pictures that should help. If you'd prefer any other file formats I can try uploading those as well.