Test of 100w tube for power loss

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
jwitt

Test of 100w tube for power loss

Post by jwitt »

I have a Nova35 with 100w tube. It has run for 15 months, but has very low hours of use.
I followed the instructions at Thunderlaser to cut 15mm circles in 6mm acrylic at 70% power to find the fastest speed that would cut through.
I was only able to cut through at 9mm/sec.
I am unable to get Thunderlaser to answer on Skype anymore, so maybe someone has the answer here.
Also, does Thunderlaser still have tubes in the U.S. for shipment and do they have a choice in type or quality?
ThunderLaser Nova35 100w
RDWorks V 8.01.24
Santa Barbara, California
Ben

Re: Test of 100w tube for power loss

Post by Ben »

Hi James,

This is Ben from Thunder laser.
Sorry to hear that your laser tube is not working well now.
Whenever there is a perceived loss of power, it could be caused by dirty or damaged optics, bad laser beam alignment or a focus or table level issue. Below you can find a document to instructions on how to properly check the optics in the machine,checking and leveling the table as well as checking and fixing the alignment of the laser beam.
Instructions on laser power issue.pdf
(491.74 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Actually,the sealed co2 laser tube cannot seal completely, glass tubes lasers commonly leak gas through seal points between the glass tube and their metal connectors because the gas within the tube is under pressure and overtime the seal points will degrade and eventually leak.
Even you has very low hours of use,the laser tube will weak as time goes by.
So we recommend you should use it the first six months.
jwitt

Post by jwitt »

Yes, I have already went through the cleaning and alignment procedures.
If the laser tube was good or new, what speed should the laser be able to cut with the 6mm acrylic set at 70% ????

Also, I have emailed Ada regarding a new tube from U.S. warehouse, but have not received an answer. Should I email Nolan instead??

Last question, what are the mirrors made of?
ThunderLaser Nova35 100w
RDWorks V 8.01.24
Santa Barbara, California
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Jame,

OK.
The new 100watt laser tube can cut 6mm acrylic at speed 18 and power 70%.

I will ask my colleague to reply on skype for your need tomorrow,ok?

For your last question,are you mention the reflective mirror,it's molybdenum mirrors.The molybdenum mirrors have a high reflectivity, moreover, it’s durable especially for dirty working environment.