My mars90 machine need some help!

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Grover_Barbato

My mars90 machine need some help!

Post by Grover_Barbato »

Hi, hope all is well, I purchased a mars 90 about 4-5 years ago. I bought both the 50 and 80 watt tubes, water chiller, and rotary attachment.Here is my problem. When I got the unit set up ready to try, I had to move out of my shop. I put the laser into dry storage. I had a stroke and some other medical problems. I have finally got it set up in a new place ready to try. I have no idea where the software is, I believe it was laser grave. Is the software for it still available? Will my laser tubes still be good? are there any updates that are needed.Can antifreeze be mixed in the water chiller? Is there any video showing how to calibrate the mirrors? Any other help that you can offer will be appreciated.

Thank You
Peter
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: My mars90 machine need some help!

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi Peter,
1. As you purchased the laser about 4~5 years ago, the software should be lasergrave. As we use another controller and software, but you still can download lasergrave from this link. http://www.thunderlaser.com/download/do ... _V8.98.exe
2. Not sure your laser is good or not, you don't use the laser for a long time?
3. Yes, antifreeze can be mixed in the water chiller.
4. calibrate the mirror, please see this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw8Ro2vEEzY Any question, please ask me again.

Best Regards
Grover_Barbato

Post by Grover_Barbato »

Can you tell me if there are any instructions for laser grav.
It looks like the software is looking for a cable to communicate with the machine, how can I use a thumb drive.
Is it possible to update to the new software and if so what needs to be done.
Thank You
Peter Woznack
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Hi Peter,
your computer can not communicate with the machine,right?
Okay, it should be a driver issue. i think that you did not installed the driver finished for your pc
So the software still does not recognize the machine.
I believe that you should tried installing the driver for pc using automatically method, but it's fail.
Now pelase try to use the manual method to install it again.
Please download the driver from attachment
Then try to install the driver by manual

Best Regards
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Hi Peter,
your problem should be caused by the table that it wasn't level both sides.
First Checking.
31.jpg
31.jpg (49.92 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Ok, let's us to fix it out
You know, the table was controlled by two motor under the table, you should looked them before
And the reason as you said that the motors are a little out of sync
Please turn the laser off and unplug that power cable
Then use your hand to pull that z-axis belt to make that table to level, see that the attached picture as shown
Juat adjust one of two belts of z-axis, when you pull that belt to left and right, the table will be up and down
In fact, sometimes two motors are a little out of sync while working for z-axis
So when you find out that the table are not level anymore, please adjust it using manually,to adjust that work table to level with both side
Then use the ruler to check if four side are level or not, the error is 0.5-1mm(different models has different errors)
Our company has tried to get a solution to make the table is controlled by one motor, i think that we will be success in future, just use a motor to control the table
And it will be solve that this problem.

Hope it will be helpfor for you
32.jpg
32.jpg (45.19 KiB) Viewed 4916 times