Nicks in material from Laser cutting

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Millatime

Nicks in material from Laser cutting

Post by Millatime »

I am looking for some help--I have a pretty new Nova 35 100 Watt unit and I have noticed when cutting wood the cut does not seem as good as I would expect. If you look at the attached picture and look in the burn areas the wood has nicks from the cut process and it seems very uniform around the cut. I am looking for idea's to what causes this. Any thoughts or idea's would be appreciated. Thanks Mark
Attachments
Nicks in laser cutting.jpg
Nicks in laser cutting.jpg (109.52 KiB) Viewed 4231 times
Ben

Re: Nicks in material from Laser cutting

Post by Ben »

Hi Mark,

I wonder if the nicks on the burn areas were happen on the bottom of the wood from the cut process.
If yes,it should caused by the laser reflected from the honeycomb table.
You can take out the honeycomb table and use alouminum blade cutting table to cut,it will improve that problem obviously.
http://www.thunderlaser.com/features/al ... table.html

By the way,please help to correct the machine info for your user profile.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13530