Replacement of 100w laser tube with 80w?

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
jwitt

Replacement of 100w laser tube with 80w?

Post by jwitt »

Due to a recent power loss of about 50%, I believe I will replace the 100w tube with an 80w EFR ZS-1250.
I have noticed doing a quick test cut, I can not get over 21ma on the meter. Shouldn't I be getting more than 21ma with the 100w tube??
After replacing the 100w with a 80w tube, can I keep the original power supply? Do I have to make any adjustments to the power supply?
Do I have to make any changes in setup or controller for the new 80w tube?
Thanks, Jim
ThunderLaser Nova35 100w
RDWorks V 8.01.24
Santa Barbara, California
Ben

Re: Replacement of 100w laser tube with 80w?

Post by Ben »

Hi Jim,

It's ok if you want to replace the 100watt with an 80watt laser tube.
They use the same power supply,you can keep the original power supply,no need to make any adjustment for power supply.
Thunder laser machine have limited the max power as 70%,it's about 21~22mA on the meter for 80 and 100w laser tube.
It's enough,it can reach to 80 or 100 laser power for 80 and 100w laser tube,which is good for the lifetime of laser tube.